picky logo
picky logo
Productoscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Rutina

Jordybean user profile picture

Jordybean

Seca/Resistente

dot1,101 Vistas

Should I use sunscreen and wear heat protectant for my hair when at a bonfire/fireplace?

Stupid question I know but I feel like I’m doing something wrong when having a braai(this is what we call a barbecue in South Africa). Honestly though, I have the fireplace on every day at home. Is it bad for my skin? Should I wear spf? Should I spray heat protectants in my hair before sitting by the fire??? Tell me please 😭
upvote

comment

5 Comentarios

skintastica user profile picture
picky squad user badge

skintastica

Seca/Resistente

If you're doing having the fireplace or bomfire during the day, then yes you should have sunscreen on. If your're doing this at night (no visible sun), then no you do not need sunscreen but be sure to moisturize since the heat will evaporate some of that moisture from your skin. Having the fireplace on all the time could make the air dry so just make sure you moisturize.
upvote

comment

Jordybean

Seca/Resistente

good point!!! *adds 5 moisturizers to cart*
upvote

comment

Alca user profile picture

Alca

Grasa/Resistente

When it comes to hair I like to use a hat 👒 or a cap 🧢 when by fire because it protects the hair from the stuff from the fire and the smell as well 🙂 I don't think it's necessary to use any hair products for the heat, provided that you are not putting them very close to the fire, which you shouldn't do anyway because they might catch fire heat protectant or not 😉 SPF is used to protect your skin from UV rays, so unless the sun is still shining, you don't have to wear it.
upvote

comment

Jordybean

Seca/Resistente

So no sunscreen but yes to heat protectant! oef now to fine one that’s not flammable 🥴
upvote

comment

M

Monnn

Seca/Resistente

Incorporate antioxidants into your routine, they protect your skin from pollution. This one from TO is cheap and potent.
Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3%

The Ordinary
Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3%

star rating

(49)

favorite

upvote

comment

Emmaskinroutine user profile picture

Emmaskinroutine

Seca/Resistente

You wouldn't need sunscreen for a fire, but some good hydrating products and don't sit too close that it's going to dry out your hair.
upvote

comment

Yesul1230 user profile picture

Yesul1230

Seca/Resistente

if you do barbecue at night then no need for sunscreen
upvote

comment

Eventos por Tiempo Limitado

kbeauty Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum event

Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum

Audiencia

Todos los usuarios

Fecha Límite

September 27th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Es hora de ponerse picky

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!