picky logo
Productoscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Marca

thekedit user profile picture

thekedit

Grasa/Resistente

dot520 Vistas

Am I alone in this?

So the more I learn about my skin the more I understand what products are right for me. It’s important to understand that what works for one person, or is easily accessible may not the the one for you. I’m not one to succumb to marketing tricks or popular brands, but one brand I see everywherrreeee is The Inkey List but I’ve still not tried anything from the brand! Am I the only one? Surely there must be more of us who haven’t tried anything yet? For those of you who have tried it, feel free to drop me your recommendations.
upvote

comment

15 Comentarios

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Grasa/Resistente

oh no you're not the only one. i think it's natural for everyone to once in a while fall for marketing tricks, especially beginners who obviously go for the more visible/shared/talked about brands. BUT INDEED, once you know your skin and your needs, marketing and popularity won't have any effect on you. A lot of brands catch my attention but then when i dig just a little bit, it's a no-no, for different reasons. The Inkey List, Glow Recipe, Abib (yes sadly😭), CeraVe, Drunk Elephant...no thanks! Also, i usually try to stay away from skincare trends because it's a bit toxic and enables dysmorphophobia (ie that terrible "glass skin" trend that i will never stop to despise)
upvote

comment

thekedit

Grasa/Resistente

Agreed, trendy skincare hacks and products just pass by but those products and brands that are well formulated stand them test of time.
upvote

comment

eskrimpepsoden user profile picture

eskrimpepsoden

Grasa/Sensible

I haven't tried it too. I once fell for the marketing tricks of a local brand😅 many influencers actually promote their products and it made my skin extremely dry and irritated😔. Not only that, even my mom believes that expensive skincare like high-end brand are always better without knowing anything and believing the sales man/woman said
upvote

comment

FLeon user profile picture

FLeon

Grasa/Sensible

Same, people from the country where I’m from still buy Lancôme and Estée Lauder with the belief that those brands are the best in the market
upvote

comment

bunnyphant user profile picture

bunnyphant

Grasa/Sensible

I’m on the same boat with you, but I love some products from the inkey list. I’ve been repeating their niacinamide serum which contains niacinamide more than recommended but the texture is good and the price can’t be complained (inexpensive in my opinion) their salicylic acid cleanser is great for using 2-3times/ week. also their peptide moisturizer should get more attention IMO. having said that, I can’t say I am completely in love with the brand. some of their items were nah… for me.
Niacinamide

The Inkey List
Niacinamide

star rating

(453)

favorite

Salicylic Acid Cleanser

The Inkey List
Salicylic Acid Cleanser

star rating

(327)

favorite

Peptide Moisturizer

The Inkey List
Peptide Moisturizer

star rating

(54)

favorite

upvote

comment

thekedit

Grasa/Resistente

I might give some of these a try when I change up my routine but affordable doesn’t always mean it’s working 😕
upvote

comment

kzskincare1010 user profile picture

kzskincare1010

Grasa/Sensible

I haven’t try any product from then too lol
upvote

comment

thekedit

Grasa/Resistente

Glad to hear it hahaha
upvote

comment

bymj user profile picture

bymj

Seca/Sensible

I haven’t tried anything from them either. But for myself, more than the marketing about the Inkey List its the price and how easy are to get what makes them desirable. And for this reasons, Im sure in a point I will try them.
upvote

comment

Eventos por Tiempo Limitado

kbeauty Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300 event

Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300

Audiencia

Todos los usuarios

Fecha Límite

October 25th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Es hora de ponerse picky

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!