Purging or Skin Reaction?

How do you know the difference?
upvote

comment

38 Comentarios

ishiskin user profile picture

ishiskin

Seca/Sensible

Here is how I differentiate between the two: PURGING: •the pimples and breakouts are on parts of your face where you normally get breakouts or skin congestion (if you regularly get breakouts on your chin for example, if you have a skin purge, you’re most likely going to get the purge on your chin, not on places on your face where you normally never get breakouts) •the increase of pimples and breakouts lasts about 2 weeks (no more than a month), and then your skins starts to improve, breakouts clear up and are a lot less frequent •a skin purge causes pimples, pustules, whiteheads, clogged pores to come to the surface of the skin, and sometimes cystic pimples. You can get individual pimples or cluster breakouts •your skin gets worse before it gets a lot better (the “worst” part should only last 2 weeks, max 1 month, and then should get a lot better). •even though your skin is getting worse and you’re getting more breakouts, at the same time your skin should show some signs of improvement (perhaps as the days go by your skin will be a lot less red, less irritated, more even skin tone, etc) NOT A SKIN PURGE: •any sort of redness, raw skin, scaly or rough texture, dry patches, irritation, inflamed skin is not a skin purge. Something in the product is irritating your skin and I recommend discontinuing usage •if the pimples and breakouts continue to get worse and worse 2 weeks after starting a new skincare product, this is most likely not a skin purge •breakouts in areas which you don’t usually breakout
upvote

comment

citrasskin user profile picture

citrasskin

Grasa/Resistente

thanks for the information 😊
upvote

comment

jojobeauty16 user profile picture

jojobeauty16

Grasa/Resistente

I was about to comment but Ishiskin has already covered everything 👍🥰😍
upvote

comment

jojobeauty16 user profile picture

jojobeauty16

Grasa/Resistente

Honestly I have nothing more to add. I would just be repeating what has already been said xx
upvote

comment

skykahyan user profile picture

skykahyan

Grasa/Resistente

i hate it when purging lasts so long 😔
upvote

comment

MissJazzy user profile picture

MissJazzy

Grasa/Sensible

you’re right! everybody hates purging 😣
upvote

comment

skinlovate user profile picture

skinlovate

Grasa/Resistente

great sharing 😍
upvote

comment

skinlovate user profile picture

skinlovate

Grasa/Resistente

ty for sharing information
upvote

comment

Eventos por Tiempo Limitado

kbeauty Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300 event

Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300

Audiencia

Todos los usuarios

Fecha Límite

October 25th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Es hora de ponerse picky

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!