picky logo
Productoscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Ingredientes

ihavepores user profile picture

ihavepores

Grasa/Resistente

dot421 Vistas

Fairy Dusting/Angel Dusting

Fairy Dusting/Angel Dusting is described as a misleading marketing practice where brands add  a small amount of an ingredient(usually rare or an active)to a product and market it on the product packaging. The problem with this is that consumers/costumers are misled into thinking that the product would work for them when really it will yield no results at all. The reason why I'm making this post is because I've seen a few skin care products making certain claims but when you check the ingredient list its nearly the last ingredient on the list. So please check the ingredient list when buying a skincare product. Let me know your thoughts on this in the comments. Also I post stuff like this on my Instagram @ihavepores
upvote

comment

12 Comentarios

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Grasa/Resistente

The key ingredients and those with the highest percentage are normally the first 6(ish), everything else is less than 1% but not in a decreasing order. So just because an ingredient is at the bottom, it doesn't mean it's the lowest amount ingredient on the list.
upvote

comment

ihavepores user profile picture

ihavepores

Grasa/Resistente

I mean something like niacinimide and the product markets the product around the niacinimide but it might be the last or second to last ingredient. As you said the everything else else after the first 6(ish) is probably less than 1%. When it comes to certain actives like retinol I understand that. However if it's an ingredient like panthenol,cica or hyaluronic which wouldn't do anything at that percentage I feel deceived.
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Grasa/Sensible

Pro tip: learn about concentration of ingredients, I know not many people have time and stuff for that, but knowing that Xanthan Gum can be used in limited amount (1% if I remember well) helps you figure out that if products are usually mentioned in skincare INCI from larger to smaller, you can expect everything below 1% right water Xanthan Gum or other ingredient that can be used in only 1% max concentration.
upvote

comment

lusitania user profile picture

lusitania

Grasa/Resistente

This is such a helpful tip, thank you!
upvote

comment

TRANSCENDENT user profile picture
super picky user badge

TRANSCENDENT

Grasa/Resistente

This! Noticed that and wonder why. At times you may not even see that ingredient cited on the ingredients list at all.
upvote

comment

askinmood user profile picture
picky squad user badge

askinmood

Grasa/Resistente

I've seen this with Blue Tansy oil serums. It's an expensive oil and almost always last on the ingredient list. I saw a video with someone making their own facial serum with Blue Tansy oil and only used 2-3 drops. It really only gives a blue tint to oil serums, so I don't understand why it's marketed with Blue Tansy being the key ingredient.
upvote

comment

jojobeauty16 user profile picture

jojobeauty16

Grasa/Resistente

so very true!! thankyou for sharing xx
upvote

comment

Eventos por Tiempo Limitado

kbeauty Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum event

Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum

Audiencia

Todos los usuarios

Fecha Límite

September 27th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Es hora de ponerse picky

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!