picky logo
Productoscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Marca

P

pickymegs

Grasa/Resistente

dot313 Vistas

skin1004 Too many products!!!

You guys I have to put this update in the discussion section because I am tapped out for these 2 products in Reviews. Here goes: So I won the Centella Toning Toner and Centella Ampuole to match from #skin1004 (Thank u!). I started using it right away and loved the feel but wasn't 100% sure of any tangible results, like any new, natural and subtle product. I learned from one of the other @go.picky members that she had been using the product In addition to her nightly retinol regimen. I had been using retinol by the Ordinary for a considerable amount of time prior to receiving the centella products and incorporated it into my new routine. One night retinol, one night ampuole. It seemed to be working, again not tangible results but when you are as hard on your appearance as I am, you miss things that aren't drastic transformations lol (learning curve thx to #pickyskincare. Me being me, I always checkout the clearance racks at Shopper's drug mart and low and behold, there it was, @Loreal revitalift CICACREAM Eye, for $9!!! What harm could that do?? More is always better right!!!WRONG! I learned after the fact that eye cream is usually a marketing ploy however if gentle enough to go on eye area then it is gentle enough for lids, lips and back of hands. I went balls to the wall and slathered it on. Next day, feeling a little tight and burny, must be working!!!! Day 2 full on 1st and 2nd degree burns on 60% of my face!!! Gonna try to find a pic to add to this after I post it so I don't lose it. Ok so totally devastated and nothing touching my face for 3 days. Eyes swollen/burnt shut, just gross. After 3 days and ++ research, coupled with my science background; I chose castor oil as my next step, slowly incorporating my Ampuole back into my routine which is now just a light cleansing, castor oil, the Centella Ampuole and more castor oil and moisturizer (thick barrier type from @skin&lab. I have just in the past week, started using the Centella Toner again as, get this, my skin was craving the calming action in addition to ampuole. This meant that the lack there of results, or so I thought, weren't lack of results at all. I just couldn't see that the Centella products were not only calming but adding to the protection and beefing up my skin barrier which gave me a fighting chance for a freak burn, and the ability to bounce back after 5 or so days. It has also continued to help in not just the sense and healing but the calming as well to bring my skin back from angry to calm and content. Lessons learned: 1. More is not always better 2. Be careful with new products no matter how "thick u think tour skin is" 3. @skin1004 products are bomb 4. Your skincare products can be working in ways that don't always show us drastic results. Be patient 5. You need to protect the largest organ of your body, your SKIN 6.Always apply for giveaways because you just never know! Thank you for taking the time to read this. Hopefully it will help someone out there or prevent a disaster like this.
carousel
carousel
carousel
Revitalift Cicacream Face Moisturizer Pro Retinol & Centella Asiatica

L'Oreal Paris
Revitalift Cicacream Face Moisturizer Pro Retinol & Centella Asiatica

star rating

(3)

favorite

Madagascar Centella Toning Toner

SKIN1004
Madagascar Centella Toning Toner

star rating

(1337)

favorite

Madagascar Centella Ampoule

SKIN1004
Madagascar Centella Ampoule

star rating

(4171)

favorite

upvote

comment

10 Comentarios

paoooomov user profile picture

paoooomov

Grasa/Resistente

SKIN1004 has good products, now I am testing the serum from the Hyalu-Cica line, it is for dry skin but it is not heavy and it is a gel-like consistency, I like it much more than anything because winter is approaching and the environment is more dry (but still hot), but I love how well hydrated my skin feels 💙
upvote

comment

P

pickymegs

Grasa/Resistente

excellent! very happy to hear that you found something that works for you. what product, exactly, are you replacing the Cica with?
upvote

comment

F

fifi24

Seca/Sensible

oh no im glad that the skin1004 products helped bc having that sort of reaction from an eye cream sounds horrible :(
upvote

comment

P

pickymegs

Grasa/Resistente

I definatepy went a wee bit further than just around the eyes as you can tell! thank u!
upvote

comment

Beautywithhunnie user profile picture

Beautywithhunnie

Grasa/Resistente

thanks for sharing❤️
upvote

comment

P

pickymegs

Grasa/Resistente

my normal skin 2 pics. the 3 others are after real bad redness/burn died down but still a mess, swollen etc. Before peeling!
upvote

comment

P

pickymegs

Grasa/Resistente

those arrows are not for an upvote lol they are from a recent IG post lol
upvote

comment

Eventos por Tiempo Limitado

kbeauty Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum event

Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum

Audiencia

Todos los usuarios

Fecha Límite

September 27th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Es hora de ponerse picky

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!