picky logo
picky logo
Productoscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Preocupación

Iolanda user profile picture

Iolanda

Grasa/Sensible

dot320 Vistas

My skin its very oily I dont know what I need to use anymore, I need some advices please 😩.

I need some product recommendation please
upvote

comment

7 Comentarios

abc1111 user profile picture

abc1111

Grasa/Resistente

My skin is naturally oily (not dehydrated) and through trials and errors found products that don’t melt off nor make my skin oilier. If your skin is naturally oily, I can offer these tips: 1. Use more water-based products - oily skin needs more water than oil. There are so many watery serums and moisturizers in the market today (water creams, gel moisturizers, liquid serums). I personally prefer an emulsion in the morning while the havier moisturizers are reserved for night time use. 2. Use a serum that can double as a moisturizer - Hydrating o ceramide-rich serums can often replace moisturizers. They have enough oil-based ingredients that serve as occlusives. My HG in this category is Paula’s Choice Omega+ Conplex Serum. 3. Use toners - I’ve found that toners and first essences are great for oily skin. These can balance the skin’s water-oil levels. I love those with green tea, niacinamide, also BHA, and AHAs. 4. Try using sunscreen milks and fluids, they are made for oily skin - my HGs are Anessa Milk, Anessa Mild Milk, Shiseido Oil-Free UV 5. Set everything with powder - this helps. I use a mattifying setting powder 6. Carry oil-blotting sheets - really, really useful Despite all these, my skin will still show some oiliness throughout the day, but it’s more manageable. I hope you find your HGs soon!
Niacinamide 5% Toner  w Panthenol 1%

Cos de Baha
Niacinamide 5% Toner w Panthenol 1%

star rating

(14)

favorite

Ceramide Ato Soothing Gel

ILLIYOON
Ceramide Ato Soothing Gel

star rating

(114)

favorite

Perfect UV Sunscreen Skincare Milk SPF 50+ PA++++

Anessa
Perfect UV Sunscreen Skincare Milk SPF 50+ PA++++

star rating

(101)

favorite

Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector for Face SPF 42 PA+++

Shiseido
Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector for Face SPF 42 PA+++

star rating

(26)

favorite

Green Tea Fresh Toner

ISNTREE
Green Tea Fresh Toner

star rating

(807)

favorite

Omega+ Complex Serum (New Formula)

Paula's Choice
Omega+ Complex Serum (New Formula)

star rating

(15)

favorite

upvote

comment

abc1111 user profile picture

abc1111

Grasa/Resistente

By the way, I’m in my 40s and have used so many brands and products already. My skin is healthy but really oily, I probably have larger sebaceous glands. I’ve lived with this skin for years and no one knows it better than I. It doesn’t do well with facial oils nor too much fatty acids. It gets overwhelmed and congested and will react by giving me cystic pimples. Right now, my skin is in great condition (thank you L-ascorbic acid, tretinoin, sunscreen) and people often compliment it/me, some even saying I look younger because it looks like I have no wrinkles (I do but minimal). I guess it’s true that oily skin age slower than other types. I’ve come to know my skin after many years. You’ll get to know your skin too, maybe it’s naturally oily, maybe dehydrated but excreting lots of oil, maybe it’s even normal, but it will take numerous trials and errors and also a lot of time. Don’t give up, you’ll get there.
upvote

comment

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Grasa/Resistente

what is your current skincare routine??? I personally got rid of my super oily skin by simply adding more hydrating products to my routine (hydrating essence and/or hydrating serum)
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Grasa/Resistente

Excess sebum production is often caused by lack of moisture so make sure you hydrate and moisturise your skin lots - I disagree that you need to stay away from oils, they can actually help balance sebum production. Squalane, jojoba and rosehip are great for oily and acne prone skin. But stay away from comedogenic ingredients like butters. Mattifying, gel and other moisturisers specifically marketed for oily skin are often not moisturising enough. Use clay masks 1-2x a week, add niacinamide to your routine and exfoliate with BHAs. Get into a consistent routine. Your diet may also be playing a part so make sure you don't consume too many fat saturated and salty foods, go for a balanced diet and hydrate lots. You can only do so much with oily skin but there's a bright side - your skin is likely to age slower so enjoy that part! 👌🤗
upvote

comment

Iolanda

Grasa/Sensible

thank you, I know my diet its bad because I work 12 hours per day,
upvote

comment

MsK user profile picture

MsK

Grasa/Sensible

To balance your skin it is about finding out how much your oily skin is just oily or if you're dehydrated and producing oil to compensate. Or if you're trying too hard to dry your skin with harsh cleansers and exfoliants and causing extra oil production that way too. If you are using a fair amount of products maybe you can start by going back to basics and using a simple cleanser and moisturiser and seeing how your skin reacts to that? Sometimes less is more 🙂
upvote

comment

Iolanda

Grasa/Sensible

thank you for your advice 🙏
upvote

comment

boogee606 user profile picture

boogee606

Grasa/Resistente

Neutrogena grapefruit boost foam gel from walgreens/CVS or online
upvote

comment

Eventos por Tiempo Limitado

kbeauty Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum event

Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum

Audiencia

Todos los usuarios

Fecha Límite

September 27th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Es hora de ponerse picky

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!