picky logo
Productoscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Información

Minac user profile picture

Minac

Seca/Resistente

dot1,115 Vistas

What's the worst SPF you've ever tried?

There are a lot of discussions about what our holy grails are, and they're great to find new products. However, I don't think I've ever come across ones with the worst product recommendations people have used (and/or trashed). This would be useful so that we can all avoid the nasty ones. So fellow Picky users, let us discuss our anti holy grails! Let's stick to SPFs for now as they're the foundation to any skincare routine. My anti holy grail SPF is the NUXE facial sunscreen. This literally burned my eyes off, gave me the whitest white cast, had the most disgusting smell and the texture was a mix between super glue and tar. Basically, anything that could go wrong with an SPF was wrong with this SPF. Anyways would love to hear everyone else's anti holy grails. What's your worst SPF and why?
Facial Sunscreen High Protection Nuxe Sun - SPF 50

Nuxe
Facial Sunscreen High Protection Nuxe Sun - SPF 50

star rating

(8)

favorite

upvote

comment

58 Comentarios

Ozu user profile picture

Ozu

Grasa/Sensible

Mine would be Allie's sunscreen. I thought gel sunscreen would be suitable for combination skin, but it doesn't😤 It makes my skin looks greasy which maintain for the rest of the day! And I didn't like it's scent, quite pungent. I suppose it is a great product for dry skin as it is one of the top sunscreen in Japan.
Extra UV Gel SPF50 + PA ++++

Allie
Extra UV Gel SPF50 + PA ++++

star rating

(25)

favorite

upvote

comment

Minac

Seca/Resistente

oh I'd have thought gel SPFs would be good for oily/combination skin but I suppose they must be different to gel moisturisers... thanks for the heads up!
upvote

comment

Jjjjirip user profile picture

Jjjjirip

Seca/Resistente

Mine had to be the bioderma photoderm max fluid spf 50. I had heard such good things about it. it got recommended to me after the purito scandal and i was told the uvb spf is 80 and the uva spf is 60. I was sold instantly. when I used it however, it burned my eyes! it gave me a chalky whitecast that didn’t go away. no matter how much I rubbed it in it never absorbed? it literally left a film on my face. I would scratch my face and there would be spf under my nail. I hated it. Unfortunately, it’s put me off any bioderma spf. I’m sticking to Japanese and Korean sunscreens. they’re just better formulated. And spf is still useful as long as you reapply even if the sun protection factor isn’t high.
Photoderm Max Aquafluid Neutral SPF 50+

Bioderma
Photoderm Max Aquafluid Neutral SPF 50+

star rating

(18)

favorite

upvote

comment

Minac

Seca/Resistente

sounds like a ghastly one to try and be recommended. I wonder who would recommend something like that??
upvote

comment

CaitlynF user profile picture

CaitlynF

Grasa/Resistente

I really didn’t like the Missha “gel” 😣 I know a lot of people love it but for some reason it felt grainy over textured areas of my skin. I think the chemical filters also irritated my skin a bit bc I was dealing with wayy more acne in weird spots. It also would make me oily throughout the day even though it’s a milk, so I just wasn’t a fan
All Around Safe Block Sun Gel SPF50+ PA+++

MISSHA
All Around Safe Block Sun Gel SPF50+ PA+++

star rating

(161)

favorite

upvote

comment

Minac

Seca/Resistente

hmm sounds like it didn't "gel" well with your skin pardon the pun 🤣
upvote

comment

iJAYi user profile picture

iJAYi

Grasa/Resistente

I actually like the Nuxe sunscreen 😅 I mainly use it in winter as it’s a rich sunscreen that is more designed for dry skin. I agree that it stings the eyes, so I just avoid using it around them. However it doesn’t leave any white cast on my skin, it literally melts on the skin and gives it a beautiful glow. For the scent, it has a kind of floral scent nothing I found disgusting, but it’s quite overwhelming tho ^^
upvote

comment

Minac

Seca/Resistente

haha I understand, some people love one thing but others hate it. that's what makes skincare so personal. 😁
upvote

comment

Eventos por Tiempo Limitado

kbeauty Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300 event

Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300

Audiencia

Todos los usuarios

Fecha Límite

October 25th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Es hora de ponerse picky

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!