picky logo
Productoscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Preocupación

PoshLife user profile picture

PoshLife

Seca/Resistente

dot1,055 Vistas

Damaged Skin Barrier!😣🥺

Hello! I recently tried a new Retinol product but didnt realize it’s much stronger than the one my skin was used to. Unfortunately, I damaged my skin barrier and my severe allergies aggravated the skin irritation more. Just wanna share what products I usually use when this happens. (yes its not the first time coz I like trying new products and I go extra ✌🏻😅 pls don’t judge me) Learn from my mistakes😉. When it comes to Retinol, start slow and apply a thin layer. I became too confident not realizing this is a different formula/brand. To be safe, you can also try the sandwich method (moisturizer-retinol-moisturizer).
Cicapair Tiger Grass Cream

Dr. Jart+
Cicapair Tiger Grass Cream

star rating

(42)

favorite

upvote

comment

27 Comentarios

Girly user profile picture

Girly

Grasa/Sensible

It’s okay we all sometimes make mistakes,your skin will heal and be better with time and these products💜
upvote

comment

PoshLife

Seca/Resistente

thanks gurl! i thought that retinol was the same as the one im used too. turns out much stronger lol. after im healed, im gonna try again🤣 but maybe sandwich method and thinner layer hahah.
upvote

comment

missionhydration user profile picture

missionhydration

Seca/Sensible

Oh no 😭 don’t worry I’m sure we’ve all has the odd slip up going in too fast with a new product. Lots of tlc for your face 😘😘😘
upvote

comment

PoshLife

Seca/Resistente

thank you! yeah im giving my skin some break since i usually love to layer a lot of products. much TLC for now and all gentle healing products. my fault for being so impatient😓
upvote

comment

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Seca/Sensible

Thank you for sharing your experience as an alert that we should be careful with the products we use. I hope your skin barrier heals soon 💓
upvote

comment

PoshLife

Seca/Resistente

no problem. i was so afraid it will get worse but my face is getting better. thank you. i remember 2 years ago i had so much acne. looking back, it was all bcoz of my compromised skin barrier and overexfoliation. i even started curology but didnt help. my skin just needed to recover back then. so we gotta listen to our skin 🌸
upvote

comment

sofieskincare user profile picture

sofieskincare

Grasa/Sensible

thanks for sharing with us ur experience 💕 we always have to be very careful with this strong products always try to use just a pea size .hopefully ur skin will heals quickly 💕💕
upvote

comment

PoshLife

Seca/Resistente

so true! our skin barrier is super important✨ more is not always better. thanks dear💕 my cheeks are better. its around the nose area that always takes a while coz i get irritation there from my occ allergies too. but with the help of centella and ceramides, i should be on the right track! 🥰
upvote

comment

Blerina user profile picture

Blerina

Seca/Resistente

😀
Dermide Cica Barrier Sleeping Pack

PURITO
Dermide Cica Barrier Sleeping Pack

star rating

(122)

favorite

upvote

comment

PoshLife

Seca/Resistente

thanks for sharing!💕 im glad cica/centella is in the skin care market now. big help to calming and skin repair👍🏻 I havent tried Purito brand but been seeing it a lot.
upvote

comment

Eventos por Tiempo Limitado

kbeauty Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300 event

Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300

Audiencia

Todos los usuarios

Fecha Límite

October 25th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Es hora de ponerse picky

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!