picky logo
Produkcurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Opini

parasootamol user profile picture

parasootamol

Berminyak/Sensitif

dot1,974 Dilihat

Unpopular Sunscreen Tips

I saw this tweet by Dr. Erin and I thought I should share it to you guys. We share the same sentiment regarding sunscreens, especially with #2. I personally don't reapply when I'm just indoors all day. I just make sure to apply it evenly after bath and there you go. I also don't use the 2 finger method when applying one 'cos I find it extremely heavy even when I'm using the lightest in my sunscreen collection. What are your thoughts? What are the rules you bend when using sunscreens? I wanna hear your opinions on this one since sunscreens are getting more recognition these days. Btw Dr. Erin is a PDS-Certified Dermatologist here in the Philippines. You can find her at IG and on twitter: @thenerdyderma
carousel
upvote

comment

62 Komentar

izmelexxie user profile picture

izmelexxie

Berminyak/Tidak Sensitif

Totally agree with you πŸ’― I don't reapply sunscreen since most of the time I'm just in my room πŸ˜… But I still do apply sunscreen even indoors with not much sun exposure.. just making it a habit 😊
upvote

comment

parasootamol

Berminyak/Sensitif

Yes it's been a habit! Even when it's rainy or cloudy, I still apply my sunscreen πŸ˜„
upvote

comment

Norabella user profile picture

Norabella

Berminyak/Sensitif

I actually agree with her! I don’t apply sunscreen at all when I’m at home, my windows have UVA and UVB filters which make my life a lot easier. But I do apply sunscreen as recommended when I’m leaving the house, and I reapply properly too. Thank you for sharing this with us! πŸ’—
upvote

comment

butterykirby user profile picture

butterykirby

Berminyak/Sensitif

I should get UVA filters on my windows too! Did yours come with it or did you have to install it?
upvote

comment

skinbysandy user profile picture

skinbysandy

Kering/Tidak Sensitif

thanks for sharing! i’m one of those people that wears it inside and reapplies religiously πŸ˜‚ only because I have very stubborn PIH on my face and I absolutely refuse to make it worse, it takes so long to fade!
upvote

comment

parasootamol

Berminyak/Sensitif

Every person has their preferences πŸ˜„ good for you for reapplying consistently!
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Kering/Tidak Sensitif

I am on team Dr Erin regarding sunscreen. I apply once and only reapply if I got really sweaty or I am wiping my face off. I go to work before the sun rises and return after the sun sets. No sunscreen for me UVA scatters so much indoors that I don’t worry about it. I also need just a little bit because it reduces blood pressure. But then I have a wonderful sunscreen that I would wear without any hesitation. So I apply some even though I won’t get the max SPF 50, I am still happy with the Spf 25 amount that I have on. This is because sunscreen is quantitative, you need enough to reach the SPF value.
upvote

comment

parasootamol

Berminyak/Sensitif

I absolutely agree with you. When you go out at 7am, uv index is hardly 1 or none at all. This won't do damage to your skin unless you are exposed to it for a long time. I only reapply when I sweat too much also, because I tend to pat my face with handkerchief (which could disrupt my spf).
upvote

comment

meumeu user profile picture

meumeu

Kering/Tidak Sensitif

I follow 2 no. I usually don't need to apply sunscreen when I am in my room cz my room's location is in middle of the house so no sun light or anything. πŸ’–
upvote

comment

parasootamol

Berminyak/Sensitif

There's really no need to reapply esp. if you don't see much sunlight from your room. Once application is enough
upvote

comment

Acara Terbatas Waktu

kbeauty Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum event

Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum

Hadirin

Semua pengguna

Batas Waktu

September 27th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Saatnya menjadi Picky

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!