picky logo
Produkcurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Kandungan

L

leelee8

Berminyak/Tidak Sensitif

dot505 Dilihat

Do AHAs increase skin thickness??

Hi everyone, my question is basically what the title says. But, to give a little more context, I've heard multiple times now through watching various skincare YouTube channels that AHAs can increase the skin's thickness and help promote collagen production. However, I've also read online that AHAs can thin the skin because they speed up cell turnover. I'm confused about which one is true or if both is true. So for those of you who are dermatologists, estheticians, or extensively read studies on things like this, which one have you found to be true?
upvote

comment

2 Komentar

Betweendots user profile picture

Betweendots

Berminyak/Sensitif

Esthetician here, indeed aha helps to remove dead skin cells and show the newest skin cells to the world. AHA has many positive values for the skin and from logical point removing dead skin cells makes your skin thinner but the upper layer of the skin is usually a dead skin anyway - these cells did they work and went from deeper parts of the skin into the surface.
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture

Betweendots

Berminyak/Sensitif

It depends - it doesn't always come off, there are some skin diseases related to dead skin cells like when the skin cell turn over process comes too quick. Even if some dead skin cells will come off during for example cleansing, we still should lift the dead skin cells. AHA works on deeper layers, AHA has also other benefits for the skin - moisturising, promoting collagen production and many effects that are associated with removing the outer layer of the skin like reducing some fine lines, brightening the skin, helping with discoloration or helping with product penetration
upvote

comment

Acara Terbatas Waktu

kbeauty Picky x SAM'U | pH Sensitive Cream Mist & Galacto Pore Serum event

Picky x SAM'U | pH Sensitive Cream Mist & Galacto Pore Serum

Hadirin

Semua pengguna

Batas Waktu

October 18th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Saatnya menjadi Picky

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!