picky logo
picky logo
Produkcurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus โž•

Bantuan Rutin

MaicaMae user profile picture

MaicaMae

Berminyak/Sensitif

dot221 Dilihat

๐—ฆ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ: ๐— ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€

Unsure which lotion to try? Hereโ€™s what I look for: โ€ข Basics: Humectants, emollients, and occlusive ingredients are what I look for on a moisturizer INCI list. From bouncy gel-creams to lotions, I try to tick off the three boxes- balms too! CeraVe Healing Ointment ticks these three categories, my dry skin hero. โ€ข Diversity: โ€œPeptides are great, and ceramides, antioxidants, fatty acids, colloidal oatmeal, allantoin, bisabolol, andddโ€ฆโ€ I avoid exfoliants or retinol in my daily creams, but I love when a lotion goes beyond the basics to incorporate antioxidants and/or soothing ingredients! Opt for โ€œactiveโ€ creams if you like a short routine. โ€ข Texture: If you have oily skin or layer many products, you may prefer a silky lotion or bouncy gel-cream, which soak in a bit quicker. If you have drier skin or want a rich night moisturizer, opt for thick creams and/or creamy balms. Regardless of skin type: Experiment! Some lotions may have a thin texture but pack a hydrating punch and some creams soak in so much lighter than youโ€™d expect. โ€ข Packaging: I prefer pump jars/tubes for their hygienic value and protecting included antioxidants from air. Iโ€™m not a huge fan of tubes with bottom pumps, as gravity can hinder the mechanism if I leave it upside down. Squeeze-tubes are reliable and enjoyable- you can cut them open to get the last bit of product out! I donโ€™t like sticking my fingers into products, or leaving them open to the air if they contain antioxidants, but a lot of budget moisturizers are in plain jars so they can be more economical. โ€ข Price: Youโ€™re probably gonna be using the lotion 1-2x per day, so make sure the price to value ratio fits your budget! I donโ€™t mind splurging on rich creams like Lala Retro and RegimenLab CREAM, as my skin loves the formulas, but The Inkey List Peptide Moisturizer is a great pick and Naturiumโ€™s Niacinamide Gel-Cream is amazingly lightweight. Larger sizes may present a better value, like the Ordinary 100mL NMF + HA moisturizer. Look at where youโ€™re willing to pay more: actives, packaging, dispenser type, texture, cruelty-free, small business, brand ethos, etc.
carousel
upvote

comment

8 Komentar

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Berminyak/Tidak Sensitif

Great summary! ๐Ÿ‘Œ I would just also add that acne prone types should avoid comedogenic ingredients โ˜บ๏ธ
upvote

comment

Pistol42 user profile picture

Pistol42

Kering/Tidak Sensitif

Love this. thanks for sharing
upvote

comment

sukkie user profile picture

sukkie

Berminyak/Tidak Sensitif

Thanks for sharing this
upvote

comment

Beautywithhunnie user profile picture

Beautywithhunnie

Berminyak/Tidak Sensitif

thanks for this inforative post โค๏ธ
upvote

comment

ningayu user profile picture

ningayu

Kering/Tidak Sensitif

thank you for the info
upvote

comment

Acara Terbatas Waktu

kbeauty Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum event

Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum

Hadirin

Semua pengguna

Batas Waktu

September 27th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Saatnya menjadi Picky

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!