picky logo
picky logo
Продуктыcurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Продукт

dewyranran user profile picture

dewyranran

Жирная

dot339 Просмотров

someone pls explain to me what is retinol and the age range!?

I want to get rid of blackhead on my nose and theinkeylist suggest to use their beta hydroxide and end it with retinol. I’ve heard retinol is used for anti aging, acne treatment, and etc. im under 21, can I use retinol or is there anyway to help with reducing blackheads?
upvote

comment

6 Комментариев

saskiaskin user profile picture

saskiaskin

Жирная

Bha can be really effective so you may not need retinol as well. maybe try bha first and if it doesn’t work add in a retinol. Your collagen doesn’t start decreasing until 25 so that’s roughly the age to start using it for anti aging purposes
upvote

comment

Z

Zeeble

Сухая/Чувствительная

I have certainly heard of younger people using retinol to address acne and associated conditions. Using retinol won't hurt but make sure to start off with a low concentration and use it infrequently, e.g. once per week, to begin with. You might prefer to stick with BHAs like salicylic acid - these acids are really known for blackhead fighting. I personally prefer more gentle BHA products like the Cosrx power liquid.
BHA Blackhead Power Liquid

COSRX
BHA Blackhead Power Liquid

star rating

(1064)

favorite

upvote

comment

Z

Zeeble

Сухая/Чувствительная

Btw: you didn't say exactly what age you are, but I believe I started retinol for age prevention at 20 or 21. I think the typical recommendation is around 25.
upvote

comment

theartofskincarett user profile picture

theartofskincarett

Сухая/Чувствительная

Sunscreen for now…add retinoids when you hit mid 20s
upvote

comment

Janengz user profile picture

Janengz

Сухая

I’ve been using retinol since I was 20! I would say start whenever you can. I’ve never had any visible wrinkles but since using retinol my skin has become a lot firmer and brighter! I also don’t breakout as much! retinol promotes the production of cell turnover, I would say give it a go maybe once to twice a week!
upvote

comment

shiza user profile picture

shiza

Жирная

I started using retinol at around 13, and I started with this product, I’m 17 now and I’m still using it, it’s the only thing that helps my acne, scars, and pigmentation. I don’t use this with an AHA or a BHA though, I use it with a niacinamide, and it works AMAZING! it’s only been a month but it has made really painful cystic acne disappear and has evened my skin out a lot. If you have sensitive skin, try using a low concentration retinol, and try using it by itself for a while to build tolerance. like use it once or twice a week with no other actives (like AHA/BHA, niacinamide), and then start going up if you can handle it.
Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane

The Ordinary
Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane

star rating

(43)

favorite

Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion

The Ordinary
Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion

star rating

(111)

favorite

upvote

comment

Ограниченные По Времени События

kbeauty Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300 event

Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300

Зрители

Все

Крайний Срок

October 25th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Пришло время стать Picky!

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!