picky logo
Продуктыcurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Уход за кожей

ihavepores user profile picture

ihavepores

Жирная

dot422 Просмотров

Hydrate your skin after Exfoliating

Hello 👋🏾beautiful people, We know the benefits of exfoliating the skin it improves the skin tone as a result of new skin underneath being revealed but and that's a big BUT exfoliation works so well because it strips away part of the stratum corneum, your skin’s topmost layer. Too much of that is never good. 🌻The stratum corneum is basically dead skin cells, but it still serves an extremely vital function: preventing water from escaping from the skin. Without the barrier of the stratum corneum,water from our skin would evaporate within a matter of hours leaving the  skin dry and vulnerable. 🌼The problem with exfoliation is that much of the skin’s antioxidants and vitamins, particularly vitamins C and E, are  in the stratum corneum. Stripping them away means your skin is essentially robbed of some of its supplies. As a result, your skin will be out of balance until it can be naturally replenished. The more you peel, the less time you give your skin to rebuild its defenses. 🌲This is not to say that exfoliation is the bad guy. It's more along the lines of not over exfoliating rather exfoliating with care and making sure to restore the vitamins you have stripped of your skin. Personally I exfoliate my skin 2 to 3 times a week(I have Combination skin) depending on how my skin feels. After exfoliating I use a cucumber gel which has Sodium Hyaluronate (salt form of Hyaluronic acid),Panthenol(Pro-Vitamin B5) and cucumber extract in it to hydrate my skin. 🍂I also make sure that in the mornings I use vitamin C(which stimulates collagen). Ingredients to look out for that can help are Cica/Centella Asiatica, Hyaluronic acid/Sodium Hyaluronate,Panthenol,Bisabolol (another favourite of mine) Hope this helps😊 Let me know your opinion on this in the comments. Also I post stuff like this on my insta @ihavepores if you're interested.
upvote

comment

20 Комментариев

everlastingbloom user profile picture

everlastingbloom

Жирная/Чувствительная

Thank you so much for your useful and interesting post!!! In my experience, I like to use after chemical peeling the products full of ceramides...like these two.
Ceramide Ato Concentrate Cream

ILLIYOON
Ceramide Ato Concentrate Cream

star rating

(853)

favorite

Soothing Moisture Skin Essence

ENS Jin Jung Sung
Soothing Moisture Skin Essence

star rating

(122)

favorite

upvote

comment

ihavepores user profile picture

ihavepores

Жирная

Aah yes I forgot to add ceramides to look out for. Those are also important.
upvote

comment

NessaCares user profile picture

NessaCares

Жирная/Чувствительная

I loooove the feeling of freshly hydrated skin after exfoliating. 🥰🥰 Thank you for this post! 💕
upvote

comment

syahnidaareo user profile picture

syahnidaareo

Сухая/Чувствительная

I totally agree with you. Your explanation is very good. I also do the same thing as you, after exfoliating I always hydrate my skin to the maximum. This is a basic obligation for my dry and sensitive skin to minimize dryness so that redness does not occur. If my skin is left very dry it will itch and sting, I think this is an advanced level of irritation.
upvote

comment

C

chelicylic

Жирная

thank you, so insightful💓
upvote

comment

Ограниченные По Времени События

kbeauty Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum event

Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum

Зрители

Все

Крайний Срок

September 27th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Пришло время стать Picky!

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!