picky logo
Продуктыcurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Мнение

A

AshSkin

Сухая

dot371 Просмотров

Rant

Hello everyone! I hope you're doing fine. I never thought I would write this post. Basically it's a rant post. So you can skip if you don't want to read my rant lol. I love Picky very much. Whenever I'm about to purchase a skincare product, I make sure to check in Picky if it is my holy grail or it's risky for me. The people here are super fun and sweet too! I love reading everyone's reviews. But I have a small problem. It's no big deal. And in no way I'm hating on anyone. It's just that some people spend so much time on Picky. They help others, write reviews and comment on every helpful post. Yet they are overlooked during the giveaways. I have seen so many active and worthy people not win a single giveaway. Whereas there are people who barely write any reviews, write comments. And they win all the giveaways. Even some people I follow won 3 to 5 giveaways in a week. And when I checked the region theu reside, it's always the same country. The ones who win keeps winning. And the others are always overlooked. I hope things change and everyone gets an equal opportunity. Thank you.
upvote

comment

11 Комментариев

deby user profile picture

deby

Сухая/Чувствительная

honestly the biggest factor to win a giveaway is where you come from. Being active in picky, such as writing reviews or posting in discussions, is just a supporting factor. It doesn't even matter whether you're a newbie, picky squad or super picky squad, there's no difference in your chances of winning. And of course this is also not picky's fault, because the brand is the one who determines the target country they want. For me, who lives in Indonesia, I prefer joining giveaways that are specifically for Indonesian citizens or mega giveaways with thousands of winners. For global giveaways I rarely participate, because I know that although it is written that all users can participate, only certain countries will be selected, Indonesia is rarely included. I just hope that picky will list which countries have the opportunity to enter the giveaway, I don't want to waste my points.
upvote

comment

tayyble user profile picture

tayyble

Жирная

Yes aside from being active, I agree that the main factor on winning giveaways is our location. Recently, I applied for Neogen and Medicube giveaway but no luck and I can't seem to find any winners from Malaysia or Indonesia, if I'm not mistaken. But then I won Ruruberry giveaway since the brand itself is from my country 😆 Even if its a global giveaway, I hope that Picky or the brand itself would clarify earlier if they are going to ship to our country to avoid the participants from wasting points.
upvote

comment

RubyonWings user profile picture

RubyonWings

Сухая

As much as I agree on this, I believe the giveaway winners are chosen at random 🥺 I'm the game character that probably has D stats in luck so 😂 I almost never get chosen for Picky giveaways unless its a super big one like the Commonlabs one. I'm still grateful for the opportunities though 💖 But I really do hope that the Picky team will at least filter their entries more, because people would join the app and comment basic things just to get enough points to join giveaways (and they still win). I literally see people commenting 'nice' 'great' on discussions just for the points 😂
upvote

comment

A

AshSkin

Сухая

Aww I hope you get to win more giveaways in the future! Good luck 🍀 And I agree with you. I literally see people writing "this product is good" or something similar for reviews and end up getting the 1000 points. Also the discussion thingy is so true too 😩 I hope Picky checks all these!
upvote

comment

KayeCyyy user profile picture
picky squad user badge

KayeCyyy

Сухая/Чувствительная

I recently just discovered that on some giveaways, your location matters. Like the one from the recent make p:rem, almost all winners came from the US. As well as the neogen and the medicube, US residents. I think no one from Asian countries won. I believe they're picked randomly but they are from specific countries.
upvote

comment

A

AshSkin

Сухая

I think so too because whenever I see the winners, they're mostly from the US. I hope the brands will list out the countries which are eligible for the giveaway so that other users don't waste their points.
upvote

comment

qntmrmdhn user profile picture

qntmrmdhn

Сухая/Чувствительная

yes I agree w u on this, at least Picky should make a note if the giveaway is only for specific state. as in neogen, medicube or make prem, three of them dont have any note but most winners are from US
upvote

comment

A

AshSkin

Сухая

True. Most of the giveaway winners are from the US. There are rarely any Asian winners. Brands need to be more transparent. If they're planning to choose the winners only from a specific region, they should mention that beforehand so that we don't end up wasting our points.
upvote

comment

tayyble user profile picture

tayyble

Жирная

Lowkey agreed with you but yes, as RubyonWings said, the giveaway winners are randomly chosen. I'm also quite unlucky when it comes to giveaway 🤣 Ever since I joined Picky last year, I've only won 1 giveaway from Ruruberry and no luck in other giveaways. Since Picky doesn't handle the shippings, I believe it's up to the brand itself to decide if they can ship to our country or not. And maybe that's why you keep on seeing winners from the same region/country. Don't worry as there will always be a chance for you to win the giveaway. If you're lucky, Picky always do a giveaway specifically for one country, just like ByEcom and Klairs giveaway recently. Maybe if your country is selected, you can have a higher chance to win the giveaway 😆🤞
upvote

comment

A

AshSkin

Сухая

I hope you get to win more giveaways!! Good luck ❤️ I keep seeing that most of the winners are from US. And I rarely see anyone from Asian countries winning more giveaways. I hope there are more chances for us! ❤️
upvote

comment

Ограниченные По Времени События

kbeauty Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum event

Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum

Зрители

Все

Крайний Срок

September 27th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Пришло время стать Picky!

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!