picky logo
Продуктыcurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Ингредиенты

Tolly user profile picture
super picky user badge

Tolly

Сухая/Чувствительная

dot205 Просмотров

Hyaluronic Acid and Sodium Hyaluronate, are they the same?

What are your thoughts, and do you use products with these ingredients and are they worth it?
upvote

comment

11 Комментариев

Practiceforskin user profile picture

Practiceforskin

Сухая

Sodium hyaluronate is derived from HA, so there are some differences but it still functions as a humectant. I don’t actively seek out products with them but they work well as humectants
upvote

comment

Tolly user profile picture
super picky user badge

Tolly

Сухая/Чувствительная

Thank you for the enlightenment
upvote

comment

DanielleSkin27 user profile picture

DanielleSkin27

Сухая/Чувствительная

HA seems to be in almost every product so I don’t use a specific HA product like a serum or anything.
upvote

comment

thatgirlangel87 user profile picture

thatgirlangel87

Сухая

The different types of HA is pretty much divided by their molecular weight - which in turn tells you how deep it will penetrate your skin. 1) Hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid is hyaluronic acid that has been broken down into elements small enough to penetrate the skin, It’s moisturizing, but not the most moisturizing option, so it’s best for people who have oily or combination skin, since these skin types want to avoid over-moisturizing. 2) Sodium hyaluronate goes deeper into the skin and delivers even better results, though the effects aren’t very long lasting, its great for people with normal skin. 3) Sodium acetylated hyaluronate has the benefits of sodium hyaluronate but with longer-lasting results. It’s best for people who need moisture, such as those with dry skin, those who live in dry climates, or those looking for a product for the dry winter months. I use hyaluronic acid in my skincare, and love it. I have dry/combination/aging skin with sun damage. if you decide to use HA in your routine keep in mind that it can hold 1000x it's weight in water, so if you are let's say using it as a serum you may want to try applying it on a damp face to get the best results.
upvote

comment

Thursday user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Thursday

Жирная

I started using HA because of all the hype I saw. But I haven’t noticed any changes in my skin after using it. I can’t say I actively look for products containing it.
upvote

comment

Mirabellareviews user profile picture

Mirabellareviews

Жирная/Чувствительная

you're not old enough to have parched skin. as we age we need extra moisture from inside and out because our skin is dryer and rougher with constant hydration
upvote

comment

qilss user profile picture
picky squad user badge

qilss

Жирная

The INCI (International Nomenclature Cosmetic Ingredient) name of hyaluronic acid is sodium hyaluronate. This means, in the ingredients list of a product, hyaluronic acid would be listed as sodium hyaluronate. It's the name of the ingredient. So it's basically the same thing, just different names.
upvote

comment

Ограниченные По Времени События

kbeauty Picky x Centellian24 | Madeca Cream Time Reverse & 360º Shot PDRN Active Serum event

Picky x Centellian24 | Madeca Cream Time Reverse & 360º Shot PDRN Active Serum

Зрители

Все

Крайний Срок

November 8th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Пришло время стать Picky!

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!