picky logo
picky logo
Продуктыcurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Кожа

iffahaina user profile picture

iffahaina

Сухая/Чувствительная

dot295 Просмотров

Is it normal for skin to peel after using retinol?

I started using retinol from Some By Mi, both the Retinol serum and the eye serum. And my cheeks started getting all cracked and very sensitive, red to everything I put after. Is it normal or am I genuinely unable to use retinol and if so, if there anything else that I can replace retinol with?
upvote

comment

20 Комментариев

dichanp user profile picture

dichanp

Жирная

Retinol is a potent ingredient. If you are new to retinol, then you must use it 1-2x a week and make sure to incorporate hydrating and moisturising properties. After the skin getting used to it, then gradually increase the frequency in a week. Do you use the retinol everyday? Do you add hydrating or moisturising ingredients into your routine when using the retinol? If you're using it everyday, try to stop the usage and lower the frequency in a week. Try to add hydrating and moisturising products as well. Also, make sure your routine doesn't contain any exfoliating agents as retinol aren't meant to be combined with exfoliants, or other potent ingredients like benzoyl peroxide, etc.
upvote

comment

dichanp user profile picture

dichanp

Жирная

Oh my gosh. I suggest you stop using it, if the skin gets better then the retinol isn't for you🥺
upvote

comment

AnaGabiLoves user profile picture

AnaGabiLoves

Жирная/Чувствительная

It’s very normal. I’ve been using retinol for around 7-8 years, and sometimes changing brands make my skin peel and sensitive. I’ve just started prescription tretinoin again 2 months ago and the peeling lasted for at least 6 weeks, I use it 2-3 times a week. Also applying a plain, but hydrating moisturizer before retinol helps wonders 😊 hope this helps.
upvote

comment

SashaGrace user profile picture

SashaGrace

Жирная

Absolutely normal. Retinoids aren't for everyone, despite the raved about results. I would recommend trying retinaldhyde. It's a conversion step closer to being retinoic acid, so it can be less harsh for some people.
upvote

comment

tammyt user profile picture

tammyt

Сухая/Чувствительная

Thank you for your recommendation Sasha!
upvote

comment

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Жирная

What's your moisturizer??? Maybe you need a thicker and richer one to compensate from retinol.
upvote

comment

iffahaina user profile picture

iffahaina

Сухая/Чувствительная

I’m currently using the Pyunkang Yul moisturiser. It’s pretty thick
upvote

comment

tamyunni user profile picture

tamyunni

Жирная

It is very normal indeed, I would personally suggest to switch to retinAL. it's far more gentle and you can use it daily too but as you are new to it start 3 times per week. You can browse their website as they start from the lowest strength and you build your tolerance to it
Crystal Retinal 6

Medik8
Crystal Retinal 6

star rating

(20)

favorite

upvote

comment

tammyt user profile picture

tammyt

Сухая/Чувствительная

I recently purchased some great products from @medik8. I haven’t had the opportunity to post yet, but it’s a good line. Last night I tried the Medik8 face treatment and my skin is incredibly soft. This is positive purchase! You should put a thick cream over it to lessen or.sto peels. I had no negative effects and highly recommend it. I hope you contact the line and Amazon too. 🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍
Crystal Retinal 6

Medik8
Crystal Retinal 6

star rating

(20)

favorite

Advanced Day Total Protect

Medik8
Advanced Day Total Protect

star rating

(9)

favorite

Medik8 Retinol Eye TR™

Medik8
Medik8 Retinol Eye TR™

star rating

(5)

favorite

Crystal Retinal 20

Medik8
Crystal Retinal 20

star rating

(0)

favorite

upvote

comment

Ограниченные По Времени События

kbeauty Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300 event

Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300

Зрители

Все

Крайний Срок

October 25th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Пришло время стать Picky!

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!