picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus โž•

Opinion

Tianga user profile picture

Tianga

Dry/Resilient

dot145 Views

Hard water

๐Ÿ’ง Hi wonderful people. Letโ€™s talk about hard water. Can you tell the difference between hard water and soft water? I have a water softener and we routinely need to add salt in order to keep the water soft. ๐Ÿ’ฆ Soft water helps soap lather well and cleansing products work well. When the water is hard, soap or cleansers do not lather and ones skin feels dry, hard and even drier. When one uses hard water there can be an increase in clogged pores, irritation and itchiness. One also uses more soap/ cleanser when water is hard and that exercerbates the problems. ๐Ÿ’ง if you notice your cleanser or soap even while showering is not lathering, your water is hard. Make changes and protect your skin. When using hard water, you feel squeaky, when water is soft, there is a soft silky slip to the skin. That is what it should feel like. ๐Ÿ’ฆ Hard water does not cause skin problems, but it is worsen existing ones that you are trying to heal or improve. For those of you with water softeners, check your salt levels from time to time. Take care! โ™ฅ๏ธ
upvote

comment

4 Comments

mochiface user profile picture

mochiface

Dry/Sensitive

We use hard water at home. We use loufah to lather our soaps but then I only find it hard to lather when there is not enough moisture to make a lather. Not sure if it makes skin drier but I don't see any difference from using chlorinated water in the city.
upvote

comment

Tianga

Dry/Resilient

as long as it is working well for you then itโ€™s good. for some areas the water is just plain hard, making it hard to gently cleanse our skin and bodies. then one can be drier and more irritated.
upvote

comment

myrinA user profile picture

myrinA

Oily/Resilient

I am clueless of this hard water and soft water. Do we get to change the condition of our water?? ๐Ÿค” And will the condition of water changed by itself from day to day?? ๐Ÿค” but thanks for this eye opening topic. I will never know if I didn't come across here ๐Ÿ˜‰
upvote

comment

skincarebychin user profile picture

skincarebychin

Oily/Sensitive

Oh I didnโ€™t know thereโ€™s such a thing! Thanks for the info โค๏ธ
upvote

comment

Tianga

Dry/Resilient

youโ€™re welcome. thanks for reading.
upvote

comment

X

xinxin

Oily/Sensitive

Where I live, we have hard water, so when I visited Japan (soft water), it was like a miracle when the next day, my skin and hair felt much softer!!
upvote

comment

Tianga

Dry/Resilient

agreed. one can find out what type of water runs through their pipes.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum event

Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum

Audience

All Users

Deadline

September 27th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!