picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

Aforannoying user profile picture

Aforannoying

Oily/Sensitive

dot74 Views

SOS! Advice needed: Lithium & acne

What can I do to clear my skin? I’m on lithium and it has made my acne 10x worse than it was. I also suddenly have bacne. I never got pimples when I was younger and now as an adult, I’m covered in them…. I also have really sensitive skin and I haven’t found skincare products yet that my face doesn’t react to. I need advice on what to do and I need recommendations on skincare products that I might handle. FYI: The pictures are my skin after I tried doxycycline
carousel
carousel
carousel
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

1 Comment

hexamuted user profile picture

hexamuted

Dry/Resilient

so IANAD but I think lithium causes inflammation in the body and that’s what causes some people to break out while taking it. unfortunately medication induced acne is kind of hard to deal with so I would actually go see a dermatologist for help. tretinoin will likely help you. I also wonder if a chemical exfoliant like BHA or AHA would help as well. I wouldn’t use any physical exfoliants in your case but maybe if you can slough off some of the dead skin and bacteria (from the pimples), it will help them heal and stop reappearing. sorry I can’t be of much help. 💕
upvote

comment

Aforannoying user profile picture

Aforannoying

Oily/Sensitive

thank you! I will book an appointment tomorrow! you’ve been way more than helpful:)
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum event

Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum

Audience

All Users

Deadline

September 27th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!