picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

farmgirl14 user profile picture

farmgirl14

Dry/Sensitive

dot237 Views

For sensitive skin, how do you do your routine?

I have tried so many different types of products. Some of them work well for a while and then I start reacting to it then have to change it up again.
upvote

comment

5 Comments

G

Glowingclouds

Oily/Resilient

I have sensitive skin too, hence I’m quite careful in choosing which products to use or test, I try to ruled out trying a product if it contains a long list of ingredients as this would be difficult for me to identify which particular ingredient(s) causes irritation; I also try to avoid using products that clearly contains ingredient(s) that my skin won’t like, especially product with variety of plant/floral extract. If you do not have any specific skin concern to address, just stick to basic hydration products, look for Centella, Panthenol and ceramide in a product, that would be quite helpful and lesser chance for irritation unless you’re sure these ingredients wouldn’t be suitable for your sensitive skin.
upvote

comment

farmgirl14

Dry/Sensitive

i have never been much to read ingredients but you have a point the longer the list of ingredients the more reasons to react and harder to pin point !
upvote

comment

Beautyaleert user profile picture

Beautyaleert

Dry/Sensitive

I have a super sensitive skin but fortunately I know what are the ingredients that I should avoid. it wasn't an easy task to pinpoint the guilty ingredients, I had many irritation episodes and bad skin days but no complaints! it's a process and I'm always learning new things. for my case, I cannot use products that contain fragrance, plenty of essential oils, and alcohol. what I'd suggest is try to stick to products that have a simple formula. the smaller the list of ingredients the better, because this way you won't have a difficult time trying to determine the cause of the problem. also, try to be consistent with your routine, don't introduce several new products at once. give your skin the time to get used to a new product before introducing another. and again, this will be of great help when you try to find the culprit. also, never buy things without fully researching them and reading the review online. oh and one last thing, don't give up on your routine easily. I know how it feels when your skin turns bitchy and stops accepting things. it is a frustrating situation but instead of completely ruling out your routine as inconvenient, try to take some rest and opt for a medicated moisturizer like the Cicaplast Balm from LaRoche posay for a couple of days and then try once more. I hope this helps. best of luck ❤
upvote

comment

Beautyaleert user profile picture

Beautyaleert

Dry/Sensitive

most welcome dear ❤ ps. I'll tag the balm here so that you can check it out 😉
Cicaplast Baume B5 Soothing Repairing Balm

La Roche-Posay
Cicaplast Baume B5 Soothing Repairing Balm

star rating

(594)

favorite

upvote

comment

QueenTania user profile picture
picky squad user badge

QueenTania

Dry/Sensitive

I think it’s best to use a few necessary products and avoid those with fragrances and extraneous ingredients. I also have the problem with reacting to things after using them for a while
upvote

comment

farmgirl14

Dry/Sensitive

at least I’m not alone !
upvote

comment

fresmana user profile picture

fresmana

Dry/Sensitive

my skin are sensitive too.. After a long struggle to find a suitable skincare for my skin, I finally found the key. That is, you have to find the right basic skincare first. Then after the skin is stable, other products can be added to boost the performance of the skincare 👌🏻
upvote

comment

fresmana user profile picture

fresmana

Dry/Sensitive

Yes, I know. I've experienced it before. To find the right product, you have to go through trial and error first. must be painstaking to use it. use basic skincare first to really know & recognize your skin. If you try a new product, don't do it at the same time. there must be a pause so the skin can adapt. If at first you try a product you experience a breakout, it could be a sign that the product is getting to know your skin. so don't be in too much of a hurry to skip it. anyway Good luck, hope you find the right product soon 😍🔥
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300 event

Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300

Audience

All Users

Deadline

October 25th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!