picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

AvaKim user profile picture

AvaKim

Oily/Sensitive

dot581 Views

Should I Stop using moisturizer ?

Hey pickys hope you'll are doing well so 15 days ago I run out of moisturizer and I recieved one to but during the 15 days when I didn't used moisturizer I noticed difference in my skin the acne scars on my skin disappear my skin sometimes feel dry but literally all the acne scars are disappeared from my face during 15 days when I don't have moisturizer. Pls tell me what is this and should I Stop using moisturizer or should I use moisturizer less or stick to the same skincare routine ? Pls help m confused Edit - many people are saying that I should change my moisturizer. So pls recommend me some moisturizers suitable for oily/sensitive skin in teens. ( Btw I just brought klairs rich moist soothing cream 20ml to try if it soits me or not ) Update - now m getting pimple since yesterday idk what's happening with me 🤣
upvote

comment

29 Comments

xinesrf user profile picture

xinesrf

Dry/Resilient

You can go without moisturizer cause the skin can maintain its moisture and oils naturally. It just happens that we use moisturizer with a lot of ingredients and chemicals in it that our skin might feel overwhelmed, so when you stop using those ingredients, that's the result you're getting. Did you ever looked up the caveman regimen? It's basically not using any skincare on your skin (not cleansing or moisturizing). It might feel extreme in this Picky community but I've heard sucess stories with this method, particularly from people with mild to severe acne. This is just like the principle that skincare isn't an one size fits all. Not using moisturizer might go really well for you or can end up really bad. Yes, they go through a purge phase (cause the skin was so used to skincare products) that might take up to 6 months...and if you stop using moisturizer for more than 2 weeks, this might happen to you later (too). You can look this up on google or youtube, there's plenty of information there. Again, consider your skin type, skin conditions or concerns, it might not work for everyone!
upvote

comment

Trereviewsforu user profile picture

Trereviewsforu

Dry/Sensitive

Interesting. Thanks for sharing!
upvote

comment

iamMie user profile picture

iamMie

Oily/Resilient

i think you should look at the ingredients of your moisturizer, maybe one of those ingredients is not comoatible with ur skin.
upvote

comment

fariskaa20 user profile picture

fariskaa20

Oily/Sensitive

I agree with this
upvote

comment

Trereviewsforu user profile picture

Trereviewsforu

Dry/Sensitive

That's Wonderful!! Considering everyone's skin has different needs while never have experienced this, I'm unable to opine regarding if moisturizer is necessary or not. However, if the dryness becomes uncomfortable, maybe trying a new moisturizer may help.
upvote

comment

Lauraslife1 user profile picture

Lauraslife1

Dry/Resilient

If you don't feel like you need it then it's completely fine x
upvote

comment

marifa user profile picture

marifa

Oily/Resilient

I would just change the moisturizer.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x SAM'U | pH Sensitive Cream Mist & Galacto Pore Serum event

Picky x SAM'U | pH Sensitive Cream Mist & Galacto Pore Serum

Audience

All Users

Deadline

October 18th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!