picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

AvaKim user profile picture

AvaKim

Oily/Sensitive

dot545 Views

What should be a perfect curly haircare ?

Hey pickys hope you'll are doing well so I have naturally curly hairs nd it's dry nd frizzy. Nd m confused between many haircare products. So pls suggest me some affordable curly haircare products that are suitable for dry frizzy hair and oily scalp. Also I easily get scalp buildup and I've never dyed styled or treated my hairs.
upvote

comment

6 Comments

geris user profile picture

geris

Oily/Resilient

If you want to style your hair as curly I recommend checking Manes by Mell in YouTube. She has some curly and wavy tutorials and is fun to watch. I would recommend using a leave in conditioner after showering while your hair is wet and brushing it evenly in the hair. Also using hair oil after you dry your hair. The hair oil works like the face oil - it seals the moisture and acts a bit like barrier. So it's best to apply it as last step. Some people also put oil to the ends of their hair before showering. They say that it prevents the hair from getting too dry from the shampoo. (you can use olive oil for that). I have tried that few times, I am not sure if it makes much difference. But maybe it takes months to see changes.
upvote

comment

Sunflowerslov3 user profile picture

Sunflowerslov3

Dry/Sensitive

Hello! :) I have super curly hair! So I believe when it comes to taking care of our skin, hair and body, we should always invest in ourselves. But! I do know of some drugstore brands, like Not Your Mothers has a curly hair line and I love their curl cream, it helps frizz and helps have some hold to the hair. Another brand is Maui, I like them for their shampoo, conditioner and curl cream, the line is in orange packaging. I find that the S&C really clean my hair and doesn’t leave it straw dry and the conditioner really helps with frizz and smoothing (calming if you will) my hair down a bit. Another is Carols Daughter born to repair line, AMAZING!!!! They have a hair oil, cream, S&C and 60 sec hair treatment, I love the entire line! Def recommend and like the Maui, isn’t straw dry and help condition and maintain. The oil isn’t heavy and neither is the hair cream. If you want to invest✨ I recommend Devacurl, styling cream helps with frizz and has a great hold to curls without weighing them down! Make sure it’s the STYLING not SUPER cream. Their co wash is amazing and doesn’t dry out your hair. Another is curlsmith, their curl quenching wash is fantastic. Both brands lather up well but remember they’re catering to our curls and helping hydrate and replenish. Pattern, Rizzo Curls, Ouidad and Shea Moisturizer are also great brands for curly girlys. When I worked at Ulta, Ouidad and Devacurl were the most used for curls! The styling cream and Ouidads frizz control hair gel! Now remember when you’re styling curly hair, your hair has to be basically drenched and then apply product all through out, grab a non cotton towel or shirt and scrunch your hair upwards helping form the curl and take out extra product! Let air dry or get a diffuser to help quicken the drying process. Hope this helps!
upvote

comment

mollywolly user profile picture

mollywolly

Dry/Resilient

There are some great product recommendations in the comments here! Microfiber towels and head wrap, silk/satin bonnet and pillow cases make a huge difference in manageability and reducing frizz. Diffusing and the fairy method are helpful,there's a bunch of videos on YouTube showing how-to's and techniques. I also recommend the "plop" & "pineapple" method and only combing/brushing gently when hair is wet with something like a paddle brush, "wet brush" or denman. Using a clarifying shampoo like once a month is also a tip that I have found refreshes my curls and helps remove product buildup, weighing down and manageability/definition .
upvote

comment

Sunflowerslov3

Dry/Sensitive

Now for your ✨Scalp✨ Invest in a scalp scrub, shampoo brush and product remover. Here’s a few that I’ve tried and love! Scalp scrub- DP HUE ACV Scalp Scrub and Pacifica Rosemary Scalp Scrub Product remover- Not Your Mothers curl talk scalp scrub but it’s not a scrub, it’s like a shampoo to help get out all the buildup and Devacurls Buildup buster! I recommend the DP HUE scrub and Devacurl buster! Shampoo brush, a lot of brands have them but if you can find the Diane brand one, GRAB IT! Rizzo Curls, Tangle Teezer and Eco Tools has one too! Much love I’m here if you need help!
upvote

comment

Sunflowerslov3

Dry/Sensitive

Make sure when washing your hair that your water isn’t hot and when you’re finishing up, rinse with cold water to help seal those hair follicles and reduce frizz!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x SAM'U | pH Sensitive Cream Mist & Galacto Pore Serum event

Picky x SAM'U | pH Sensitive Cream Mist & Galacto Pore Serum

Audience

All Users

Deadline

October 18th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!