Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Connect

MiaFranz user profile picture
picky squad user badge

MiaFranz

Oily/Sensitive

dot18 Views

Health = skincare

Why don't people—or even some dermatologists—actually discuss how gut health and nutrition are closely linked to skincare? My first visit with a dermatologist ended on a sour note. He was pushing me to take Accutane, even though I was just having an allergic reaction to chocolate. He told me I would come running back if I didn't take it. Weeks later, my skin started to clear up after I took allergy meds. I feel like people should be aware of other options first before being pushed to take Accutane. Now, I’m fully recovered and just taking supplements like probiotics, prebiotics, and collagen. What other high maintenance things you do besides facial skin care to achieve clear skin? Lets help each other out! ❤️ (I'm not saying don't consult a dermatologist, but it always helps to know your skin in depth. It's not a bad idea to seek a second or even third opinion from a different doctor, especially a female dermatologist who is aware of PCOS or wellness of female biology. Sometimes, you actually have other options that might suit you better.)
upvote

comment

0 Comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum event

Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum

Audience

All Users

Deadline

September 27th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!