picky logo
picky logo
Продуктыcurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Кожа

KatieMoe user profile picture

KatieMoe

Сухая/Чувствительная

dot156 Просмотров

Pre-Menopause Skincare- Dryness and Hot Flash Sweating?

I am prob alone on this! I started pre menopause early and I don’t wish it on my worst enemy. I didn’t think it could happen so early in my 40s and it hits like a freight train. My skin is so dry all of a sudden. And I am waking up drenched in sweat all night not to mention sweating all day. Does anyone have any tips. I guess even if you aren’t in pre menopause if you are used to sweating lots what are products you used to help or that stay on through sweat. Thanks!! I hate admitting this but I think younger women need to know and we need to talk about it!
upvote

comment

8 Комментариев

Trereviewsforu user profile picture

Trereviewsforu

Сухая/Чувствительная

I couldn't have said it better myself.👍 Although I've passed the pre menopause stage years ago, the changes in our skin as we age should be talked about a lot more rather than conveniently ignored. Considering we all will eventually experience it, menopause is certainly something we should not be made to be ashamed of. I suppose I'm one of the lucky few because I experience minimal symptoms, which I can only attribute to genetics and a partial hysterectomy in my 40s. Although I do get a few hot flashes every once in awhile, I'm more prone to cold flashes, Yes, that's also a symptom. However, my skin becoming super dry and loss of elasticity are the main issues, which I've had great success by using the right skincare for replenshing moisture. Since researching ingredients and becoming more familiar with their benefits, my skin has improved dramatically. I would also suggest pampering yourself by taking a nice soothing bath before bed for relaxation. Having a bedside fan can also be a huge help for hot flashes. I must admit since experiencing menopause, I feel like a brand new person because I'm far more happier with myself physically and emotionally. It's a wonderful time to self reflect and finally take care of yourself and skincare is a great start. Hang in there, it will definitely get better🫶
upvote

comment

KatieMoe

Сухая/Чувствительная

This was amazing to read thank you for responding and NO I have never hear of Cold flashes which just goes to show even more that this needs to be talked about and written about so much more for all women. Our experiences are so different and we should be taught about it and prepared! I love the idea of the bath. Also fan by the bed! I got a neck fan which helps when I am out taking a walk and get overwhelmed. x
upvote

comment

glowgirl user profile picture

glowgirl

Сухая

Sheet masks are going to become your best friend as they give you a sense of calmness while providing hydration and mists.
upvote

comment

Plumie user profile picture

Plumie

Жирная

Taking a cool shower before bed can help with the night sweats. Also, try to avoid spicy food as much as you can. Perimenopause is a tough one because sometimes you are too early to start any hormone replacement therapy, if you choose to go that route. For the sweating during the day, my friend was using a cold strip that you can stick onto your body (similar to the hot ones, but instead it's cold). They are very discreet and keep you cool. Hang in there! I hope this helps!💕
upvote

comment

KatieMoe

Сухая/Чувствительная

That helps tons! I am actually going to have to take a cold shower now in the middle of the day due to the sweating :( and yes I was in that spot in the middle which is why I was so frustrated. Too early to show need for hormones but full on symptomatic. And thank you for the info about the cold strip I am going to look that up! I used the hot ones when I had my endometriosis so now cold for menopause I guess!
upvote

comment

Jolivares1717 user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Jolivares1717

Сухая

I had a total hysterectomy (the uterus, cervix, ovaries, fallopian tubes etc) after a lifetime of endometriosis. I had the surgery 6 years ago when I was 43. It also hit me like a freight train. On top of all the other symptoms, my skin became dry and my skin barrier always broke. I started on a step down estrogen and it helped me with most of the symptoms except for my skin. The good news is my skin wasn't oily anymore and no more hormonal breakouts but I do have the occasional cystic pimple. I cover it with an acne patch and it goes away overnight. I wish their was a skincare routine you could use to help step down your products. The brand would have no problem selling a kit like that.
upvote

comment

KatieMoe

Сухая/Чувствительная

Thank you for your response and I agree with you I wish that there was some kind of thing that they told us or for women to follow when all this happens. I am going to look into hormones like you mentioned. x
upvote

comment

Ограниченные По Времени События

kbeauty Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum event

Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum

Зрители

Все

Крайний Срок

September 27th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Пришло время стать Picky!

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!