picky logo
Продуктыcurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Кожа

B

Biffy1993

Жирная

dot113 Просмотров

Skin Purge or Bad Reaction?

Hello! I just started using Cosrx AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner a few days ago. From the very first day after use, I started breaking out really bad. I mean, bad. A lot of blackheads/whiteheads and even the kind of pimples that are deeper under the skin (the ones that hurt a lot but almost never come to a head). I'm just wondering if anyone else experienced this and went through a skin purge? Otherwise I'm worried it's just a bad reaction and won't get better. I don't want to stop using it UNLESS I get to around 3 weeks of use and it hasn't gotten better! Side note: I have a large pores and oily skin - I breakout sometimes (usually one week out of the month, but not this bad) and I often have blackheads on any given day. I decided to try this toner on a recommendation I received for clearing acne and shrinking pores 🫣
AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner

COSRX
AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner

star rating

(1851)

favorite

upvote

comment

4 Комментариев

Ozu user profile picture

Ozu

Жирная/Чувствительная

The concentration of the AHA/BHA toner is quite low and most probably won’t show immediate purging. The possible cause maybe that your skin barrier is already weak to begin with such that AHA/BHA can quickly causes an irritation on your skin. Before the toner, have you ever introduce other exfoliating acids* or retinoid* or benzoyl peroxide* in your routine? Since your skin is currently irritated, I would highly recommend to stop using it! You may patch test it on skin region behind your ear to test it out again after a few days. If irritation still occurs, you may want to slowly introduce it in your routine. Rules of thumb, avoid using exfoliating acids daily. As your skin barrier seemed to be weak, you should try using it 2-3times per week, mon wed fri or so. Avoid using it with the three ingredients stated above with a ‘*’. Always use a sunscreen the next day after using it, and that use the toner at your PM routine. The mentioned weak skin barrier can be remedied with moisturizer that consists of ceramides😉
upvote

comment

B

Biffy1993

Жирная

Another extra side note: this acne is the only side effect I'm having from the toner. My skin isn't dry, I have no sensitivity, redness, inflammation, or other signs of irritation. JUST the sudden acne. The acne is the only thing that seems irritated lol if that makes sense? It's not unusual for me to have acne, but it is unusual to have this many of those under the skin kinds at once. Usually it's like 1 or 2 at a time, but I currently have about 5 that I'm aware of. They are also usually in the same exact spot every time I do get them, but right now they are in entirely different spots. Maybe there's something else in it that's causing this problem. If the Touch in Sol toner has higher concentrations but didn't cause me any acne, then it probably means Cosrx has something other than aha/bha in it that's causing the acne, right? Also, I'm off to Google comedogenic ingredients now haha
upvote

comment

ReviewBoogaloo user profile picture

ReviewBoogaloo

Жирная

I would wait a few days before trying again, and then only on one patch of skin. It may have been a reaction to other skincare. Sorry to hear that happened to you!
upvote

comment

B

Biffy1993

Жирная

It's the only thing I've changed, aside from just not using some of the serums I usually use. I probably should've mentioned that in the og post, just in case. When I bought this, I decided I was going to hold off on everything else to try and clear my face up and shrink pores, and then once it's clear I was planning to start doing other things again by adding one thing at a time over a period of days/weeks. Mainly because I'm not extremely well versed in skincare, but I at least know stuff with AHAs/BHAs can be harmful if mixed with the wrong things. So for right now, it's just my usual cleansers and then this toner.
upvote

comment

thekeyukemi user profile picture

thekeyukemi

Жирная/Чувствительная

I think you should give it time. Everyone’s skin is different
upvote

comment

asserisco  user profile picture

asserisco

Жирная/Чувствительная

Strenghtening the skin barrier will be crucial, I really think that’s the issues. That’s not purging, it’is a damaged barrier 😢

Ограниченные По Времени События

kbeauty Picky x SAM'U | pH Sensitive Cream Mist & Galacto Pore Serum event

Picky x SAM'U | pH Sensitive Cream Mist & Galacto Pore Serum

Зрители

Все

Крайний Срок

October 18th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Пришло время стать Picky!

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!