picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

Minac user profile picture

Minac

Dry/Resilient

dot339 Views

Rosacea

Hi! I have always had red spotty skin around my cheeks and nose which would flare up whenever I was hot, flushed or embarrassed. I always passed this off as teenager type skin and never really thought anything of it, until I recently came across this article about rosacea. Symptoms for rosacea sound very much like what I have! I now believe that I have this illness (although have not been to the GP yet). This got me wondering if anyone else has rosacea but thought it was their normal skin? What do you use to reduce the redness? Thanks!
upvote

comment

4 Comments

saskiaskin user profile picture

saskiaskin

Oily/Resilient

Azelaic acid is a great ingredient for rosacea. It’ll help to calm down the redness.
upvote

comment

Minac

Dry/Resilient

Ohh I'll have a try out for that, thanks!
upvote

comment

FragranceFree4Life user profile picture

FragranceFree4Life

Dry/Sensitive

Hi I have rosacea, my doctor prescribed prescription strength azelaic acid and tretinoin for it. The tretinoin is a little too harsh for my skin but the azelaic acid works well. Tretinoin is a retinoid like retinol and adaptalene, I recommend you start on a very low strength retinol and find a 10% azelaic acid. it’s also really important to use a good moisturizer with ceramides and don’t use harsh exfoliant acids.
Adapalene Gel 0.1% Acne Treatment

Differin
Adapalene Gel 0.1% Acne Treatment

star rating

(113)

favorite

Azelaic Acid 10% Serum

Garden of Wisdom
Azelaic Acid 10% Serum

star rating

(1)

favorite

Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

The Ordinary
Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

star rating

(498)

favorite

10% Azelaic Acid Booster

Paula's Choice
10% Azelaic Acid Booster

star rating

(131)

favorite

Effaclar Adapalene Gel 0.1% Retinoid Acne Treatment

La Roche-Posay
Effaclar Adapalene Gel 0.1% Retinoid Acne Treatment

star rating

(0)

favorite

upvote

comment

Minac

Dry/Resilient

Oh I use the Ren AHA toner and it's quite harsh on my cheeks, so makes sense now. I'll stop using that and definitely get the azelaic acid. Thank you so much for the product recommendations, I'm thinking of getting the ordinary one to start off with! Mina xx
upvote

comment

S

sedd

Oily/Sensitive

I am a 5th year medical student and in my dermatology rotations I saw that a patient with rosacea really benefited from a topical treatment that contains Bromidine. Hope that helps you
upvote

comment

Minac

Dry/Resilient

Thanks for the info, others have recommended azelaic acid so I'll give that a go first but if that doesn't work then I'll try your recommendation. Mina x
upvote

comment

skintastica user profile picture
picky squad user badge

skintastica

Dry/Resilient

I have roscea and didn't realize it for the longest time until my doctor pointed it out. I don't use any physical or strong exfoliants. I had a dermabrasion session once and it made it worse. I usually use calming ingredients like honey and rose water. I have mugwart, rice extracts and Centella, etc on my wish list.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300 event

Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300

Audience

All Users

Deadline

October 25th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!