picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

skincarewithme56 user profile picture

skincarewithme56

Oily/Sensitive

dot439 Views

Retinol for teens?

Hi there,first of all, is retinol for teens? I am currently suffering from mild acne and I heard retinol can help with that by stimulating collagen production and such. I am not sure about beginners' retinol percentage but I am aware to start with the lowest one. I am much pleased to see your recommendations❤️☺️ PS : still thinking about the purging huhuhu
upvote

comment

14 Comments

Megz user profile picture

Megz

Oily/Resilient

No unfortunately I haven't been a teen in quite a few years 😢 However I started struggling with acne around 13 years old and WISH I had all the information available to me back then like you do now. I would have started a prescription retinoid right away. Retinoid is good for acne AND anti aging. You may not be thinking about anti aging right now, but you will not regret starting a retinoid
upvote

comment

mutiaraputris user profile picture

mutiaraputris

Oily/Resilient

for teens u can use bakuchiol
upvote

comment

skincarewithme56

Oily/Sensitive

yes! I heard it's a gentler alternative to retinol
upvote

comment

Megz user profile picture

Megz

Oily/Resilient

Where abouts are you located? If you are in United States I suggest looking into Curology. They will most likely start you on a very low percentage of retinoid. If you are in Canada....check out felixforyou.ca it's an online pharmacy type Where a doctor will prescribe you prescription retinoid. I started with tretinoin 0.1%, went to 0.25%, and now I'm happily at 0.5%
upvote

comment

skincarewithme56

Oily/Sensitive

Hi, I am living here in the Philippines, though there are many prescription retinoid here as well. Still, thank you so much for recommending❤️ Anyway, are you a teen too? 😀
upvote

comment

Practiceforskin user profile picture

Practiceforskin

Dry/Resilient

retinol can be used by teens. I’d suggest to start with about 0.3 %. maybe check out cerave or good molecules. make sure to use sunscreen!
upvote

comment

skincarewithme56

Oily/Sensitive

thank you so much, I wonder if 0.1% is too low?
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

You can start with low percentages - it will still be effective, however it will take longer to see results. Ease your skin into it and gradually increase the strength if needed. Another good method is by applying your moisturiser first, then retinoid followed by a moisturiser on top - it's called a sandwich method. Purging is normal but doesn't happen to everyone and as long as you stay consistent, it will only happen once.
upvote

comment

skincarewithme56

Oily/Sensitive

thank you so much, will keep that in mind❤️ yeah i also just finished reading about sandwich method😂
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300 event

Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300

Audience

All Users

Deadline

October 25th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!