picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus โž•

Routine Help

KoreLeeKozmetik user profile picture

KoreLeeKozmetik

Oily/Sensitive

dot739 Views

Gua sha massage

Used in traditional Chinese medicine, the gua sha is a flat instrument usually made of jade. This stone, which has become one of the trendy beauty applications in recent years, consists of straight and jagged edges due to its structure. Gua Sha stone is usually crafted with 3 natural stones: jade, rose quartz and amethyst. The energizing, stress-relieving and refreshing properties of these stones also help you feel good. Apply gua sha with water, oil or moisturizer, which you can use on the face, body and even the scalp.Hold the tool with the curved side facing your face and gently slide upwards and outwards, starting from the neck, jawline, chin and around the mouth. You should hold the stone as horizontally as possible to your skin. Then, press your gua sha flat under the eyes or over any redness to soothe the skin and allow it to breathe.For wrinkles and fine lines, make small horizontal movements on the brow bone or hold between the brows and press upwards. In gua sha massage, it is said that it takes 21 days for the body, skin and even the mind to routinely perceive a condition and move on to the treatment process. For example, you started yoga and you are working on a pose and you cannot do it. Repeating this pose for 21 days will direct your body to enter this pose and the body will have learned this in the following days.
carousel
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

34 Comments

SopranoSally user profile picture

SopranoSally

Dry/Resilient

i heard this is all hype-especially for the face??? I sure would love for it to be rolled on my body in a massage though!
upvote

comment

PickyyPhat user profile picture
super picky user badge

PickyyPhat

Oily/Resilient

I like doing it to relax!
upvote

comment

Z
picky squad user badge

Zaezi

Dry/Resilient

Yes, I want to try it as a lot of people say they find it relaxing.
upvote

comment

BellaShelly user profile picture

BellaShelly

Dry/Resilient

I need to take a day and research this more . Is it a fad here or does it really improve what is claims ? thank you for bringing up the topic . Look forward to some more feedback here.
upvote

comment

B

Brandip117

Dry/Resilient

Iโ€™d love to know more too!
upvote

comment

yuerain user profile picture
picky squad user badge

yuerain

Oily/Sensitive

yes you can try it on body too.i use it on body to relax
upvote

comment

B

Brandip117

Dry/Resilient

Thank you so much for this discussion!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300 event

Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300

Audience

All Users

Deadline

October 25th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!