picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus โž•

Opinion

Minac user profile picture

Minac

Dry/Resilient

dot239 Views

Sleeping Masks?

Hello my fellow picky users! Last night, after having done my extra af 10 step skincare routine (I do this rarely btw!), putting my headphones in for my sleep meditations and having laid down on my silk pillow I was wondering how could I make my sleep routine even more decadent? Then I thought about sleeping masks! In nearly all American movies, the female characters who are supposedly popular wear sleeping masks to bed. I'm referring to the sleep aids usually worn for a pitch black surrounding (please see photo). However, I was wondering if this was a big no no in the skincare community as it is in contact with the face for long periods of time. So, my fellow picky users, what's the verdict on sleeping masks?
carousel
upvote

comment

4 Comments

CindySusana user profile picture

CindySusana

Dry/Resilient

hi, for my personal opinion use it, it might help keep the products close to the skin and if itโ€™s silk or any other natural material it will help absorb The excess oils from the skin. and some sleeping masks that cover the forehead help prevent wrinkles please note that it you do use it you should wash it regularly
upvote

comment

CindySusana user profile picture

CindySusana

Dry/Resilient

hope this helps
upvote

comment

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

I never manage to keep it in place but yeah silk ones are nice to use. But honestly, it didn't bring anything to my skincare game ๐Ÿ˜† I'm planning to buy massaging ones๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
upvote

comment

Minac

Dry/Resilient

omg I didn't know you could get massaging mask?? how does that work?
upvote

comment

skinwithzee user profile picture

skinwithzee

Oily/Sensitive

I don't use one that often but when I've used it, there didn't seem to affect my skincare at all. I usually do my skincare an hour or two before I sleep so I feel like that's enough time for my skincare to fully absorb into my skin instead of the mask or my pillowcases. Definitely wouldn't use it with an overnight mask tho. I feel like that would get messy.
upvote

comment

Minac

Dry/Resilient

oh good idea, I'll definitely do my skincare routine nice and early so that the mask doesn't absorb it all.
upvote

comment

skintastica user profile picture
picky squad user badge

skintastica

Dry/Resilient

I use one regularly . I don't use the flat ones but instead I use the domed ones and I only put it on when it starts to get light out. And since I sleep on my back, I just lay it lightly over my eyes (I dont wrap it around my head) so it just sits on top of my eyes and it works amazing. This method won't work if you sleep on your side or toss around (which I don't have a problem with).
upvote

comment

Minac

Dry/Resilient

that's interesting, I might invest in a dome one! thanks
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300 event

Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300

Audience

All Users

Deadline

October 25th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!