picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

MissTestThat user profile picture

MissTestThat

Dry/Sensitive

dot278 Views

Let’s talk about Whiteheads

Does anyone know what whiteheads are? How to prevent them ? And how to get rid of them ? I always get them under my eyes I have extremely sensitive combination skin HELP PLEASE
upvote

comment

5 Comments

merllamicorn user profile picture

merllamicorn

Oily/Resilient

are you certain that they are whiteheads? milia is very common under the eye but whiteheads are less likely to be there (though not impossible). I've added pictures of milia from Google. milia and whiteheads are caused by different things and are best treated differently. milia typically has no redness or any pain associated with them while whiteheads often have at least a little redness around them and are sometimes painful. I do NOT recommend you do this, but, if you've done it previously, were you able to "pop" them? if not, they're almost certainly milia. if they did easily, they're all but certainly whiteheads. (again, please don't do that if you haven't already! it's a bad idea for either issue.)
upvote

comment

MissTestThat user profile picture

MissTestThat

Dry/Sensitive

so I only have about 3 dots under my eye and I have popped it before and white stuff came out I’m not sure it looks kind of like the pictures but it doesn’t at the same time if that makes sense haha 😂
upvote

comment

myru user profile picture

myru

Oily/Resilient

Whiteheads usually appear when bacteria, dead skin cells or sebum gets trapped in our pores, clogging them. But I think that what you have is milia, not whiteheads, since it only appears on your under eye area. I cannot really recommend you anything because I've never had milia and don't know what could work but if you put 'milia' in the search bar there will come out a lot of posts talking about that.
upvote

comment

ZeehaMUA user profile picture

ZeehaMUA

Dry/Resilient

I never had them before until a few days ago (around my nose area - where I usually have blackheads) due to my pregnancy actually. So, i’ve been looking into it a lot and for me the reason is, of course, hormones. In normal circumstances, a good exfoliating routine should get rid of them. In my situation however is to go and see a dermatologist as they have the right tools to remove the ones that come and go.
upvote

comment

Robynrose user profile picture

Robynrose

Dry/Sensitive

As others have said, due to location it sounds like milia. milia are a buildup of protein (keratin) under the skin, but they are not a clogged pore. There is no "exit hole" so popping them is next to impossible. The best way to deal with milua around the delicate eye area is to use a chemical exfoliant like an AHA or BHA on a Q-tip and hold it against / gently circle the area to break down the excess skin and release the trapped plug. You can do this once or twice a day, but just remember to be very careful of getting acids in your eye. It will take a few days to over a week to see the difference, the goal is to be slow and steady on your thin skin around your eyes which can be very easily damaged. if your skin becomes irritated, take a break until it calms down.
upvote

comment

Rachaelann user profile picture

Rachaelann

Oily/Resilient

If they're under your eyes, are you sure it's not Milia? Milia is totally different; dead skin gets trapped and protein builds up causing tiny white bumps that dont go away easily or quickly. If its milia, exfoliate more often, don't use heavy creams around the eyes, use noncomedogenic products only, do a steam facial once a weak; the heat helps bring them closer to the surface, never pick them, and incorporate retinol in your routine. The same methods can be applid if it's whiteheads as well
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum event

Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum

Audience

All Users

Deadline

September 27th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!