picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Routine Help

MaicaMae user profile picture

MaicaMae

Oily/Sensitive

dot208 Views

𝗧𝗼𝗽 𝟰 𝗕𝗛𝗔 π—£π—Άπ—°π—Έπ˜€

If you deal with acne-prone skin, blackheads, or enlarged pores, salicylic acid (BHA) is probably gonna be your bestfriend! An oil-soluble exfoliant, it penetrates more deeply into the pore than water-soluble AHAs, plus it has hydrating, antimicrobial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties. β€’ Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant: A cult classic, an international bestseller, a bottle of liquid gold. Water-thin, it contains a couple of humectants, an antioxidant, and 3 preservative/stabilizing ingredients. A super simple INCI list! This makes it an esp good try for sensitive-skinned folks, as the list of possible skin triggers is small. Some people say the finish feels oily, but I find it hydrating and it soaks in quickly. β€’ PSA Skin*Liquid Clarity: A creamy, silky serum that is perfect for any skin type, esp dry and/or sensitive skin. It has a lengthier INCI list, loaded with soothing and nourishing ingredients, with emphasis on pore-clearing BHA, skin-restoring bakuchiol, and acne-fighting zinc pca. Zinc PCA normally makes my skin bumpy, but I’ve had no issue with this serum, making it one of my favourites. This is the gentlest and most calming of all the products in this post, so if you haven’t tried SA before, this is a solid try! β€’ Nutrium Skin BHA Liquid Exfoliant 2%: Encapsulated salicylic acid and a variety of humectants make this a hydrating exfoliant β€œtoner”, great for those with any skin type, with one exception- those with sensitive skin may have issue with the citrus extracts contained. I’d recommend this to anyone looking to stay on a budget without compromising on cosmetic elegance. β€’ The Inkey List Beta Hydroxy Acid: This is the most acne-focused serum of the bunch, featuring a super simple INCI list made up of humectants, stabilizers, salicylic acid, and zinc PCA. Salicylic acid helps to keep pores clear while zinc pca helps to reduce sebum production. This product is one I recommend to friends, as it’s affordable and has huge potential for those that struggle with acne and oily skin.
carousel
upvote

comment

11 Comments

Negin user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Negin

Dry/Resilient

Thank you for sharing πŸ‘
upvote

comment

glowandsunshine user profile picture
picky squad user badge

glowandsunshine

Dry/Sensitive

Thanks for sharing✨️
upvote

comment

essobo user profile picture

essobo

Dry/Resilient

needed this πŸ™Œ
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum event

Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum

Audience

All Users

Deadline

September 27th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!