picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

Skincarewithsky user profile picture

Skincarewithsky

Dry/Resilient

dot376 Views

Pls HELP!😩

Hi Pickies💖 Soo- I've been fortunate enough where I've never had to worry about dark spots/hyperpigmentation, So I've never really gotten products or payed attention to products that take care of those issues. WELL, I got bit up by 🦟mosquitoes🦟 pretty badly & now I'm left with dark marks all over my legs, & both sides of my torso. (I had a sports bra on when I was bitten up) & they.look.horrible😔 I've been looking up ingredients that are supposed to help with dark marks and it says:: 🔸Azelaic Acid 🔸Glycolic Acid 🔸Kojic Acid 🔸Vitamin C 🔸Niacinamide 🔸Tranexamic Acid 🔸 & Retinol (?) Now, I don't know much about any of these except for Niacinamide, Vitamin C, Glycolic Acid & Retinol. (Which I have never used for dark marks but instead have used for "well-aging"). Can someone PLS tell me which ingredient will work the quickest/work best.. As well as some product recommendations? I can't tell you enough how much Id appreciate it ❤️ Thanks in advance & sorry for such a long post but I need your help😟
upvote

comment

9 Comments

DanielleSkin27 user profile picture

DanielleSkin27

Dry/Sensitive

Highly recommend this toner for dark spots and hyperpigmentation! It has almost all of those ingredients in it and it the only product I feel like has worked for me.
Witch Hazel Brightening & PH Balancing Toner

Urban Skin Rx
Witch Hazel Brightening & PH Balancing Toner

star rating

(5)

favorite

upvote

comment

Gelly10 user profile picture

Gelly10

Dry/Sensitive

@SkincareWithSky it’s also not too expensive and at Target! ❤️
upvote

comment

richii user profile picture

richii

Dry/Resilient

imo, body can handle stronger products than face. so I’d go with AHAs and retinol
Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

The Ordinary
Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

star rating

(829)

favorite

upvote

comment

Skincarewithsky

Dry/Resilient

you are right😊. our skin on our body can handle stronger products than if we were to use on our face.. & I'm looking to use a REALLY effective/strong product to help me with these dark marks. I have some AHA products (alot actually 😬....they're all unopened but a couple..I got them when I was trying to find the "best" aha product to use)-not realizing how many AHA products I really had till I already had them😅🤦🏻‍♀️ & I have a Retinol by Pacifica.. as well as Tretinoin-(although I don't want to use my tret for my legs cause it'll go too quickly, I use it for my face for "well-aging"). but anyway I'll tag the AHA products & Retinol I have, & maybe you can let me know which one is the best to use? I'm willing to use them all, one after another if you think it'll help with the dark marks on my legs. -(these dark marks are making me really self-conscious 😔 ) there's a couple that I have, that aren't listed here on Picky ( I'm going to request them to be on here, once I'm done commenting back to you)--BUT.. those products are: 🔸Pixi body treats Glycolic Body Peel *Glycolic & Lactic Acid* 🔸 & Perricone MD, NO:RINSE Exfoliating Peel *Treatment Peel* so any feedback on these products & if you think they'll work- would be greatly appreciated.💕💗
Even Tone Cleansing Bar

Urban Skin Rx
Even Tone Cleansing Bar

star rating

(22)

favorite

Exfolikate Body Intensive Exfoliating Treatment

Kate Somerville
Exfolikate Body Intensive Exfoliating Treatment

star rating

(3)

favorite

AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

The Ordinary
AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

star rating

(1794)

favorite

Even Tone Smooth & Glow Enzyme Mask

Urban Skin Rx
Even Tone Smooth & Glow Enzyme Mask

star rating

(5)

favorite

Clean Shot - Retinoid + Bakuchiol 3% in Seawater

Pacifica
Clean Shot - Retinoid + Bakuchiol 3% in Seawater

star rating

(2)

favorite

Hydro Boost Glycolic Acid Overnight Peel

Neutrogena
Hydro Boost Glycolic Acid Overnight Peel

star rating

(7)

favorite

upvote

comment

I

ilhame

Oily/Sensitive

azelaic acid and alpha arbutin These ingredients work well together to reduce hyperpigmentation, inflammation, and redness. you can use alpha arbutin on one day and azelaic acid on the next day, and continue alternating between them. This helps ensure that your skin has adequate time to absorb and benefit from each ingredient without overwhelming it with multiple active ingredients at once. and don't forget to moisturize and apply sunscreen daily to protect your skin.
Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA

The Ordinary
Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA

star rating

(257)

favorite

10% Azelaic Acid Booster

Paula's Choice
10% Azelaic Acid Booster

star rating

(131)

favorite

upvote

comment

Skincarewithsky

Dry/Resilient

I've seen both these products around online, do they work well?
upvote

comment

I

ilhame

Oily/Sensitive

This serum combines alpha arbutin with kojic acid to target dark spots and pigmentation
Alpha Arbutin 2% and Kojic Acid 1% Serum

Garden of Wisdom
Alpha Arbutin 2% and Kojic Acid 1% Serum

star rating

(11)

favorite

upvote

comment

Skincarewithsky

Dry/Resilient

thank you for the suggestions. I'll be looking into all 3 😊
upvote

comment

emmyrochon user profile picture

emmyrochon

Oily/Resilient

this serum worked really well at brightening my skin. I have to confess I don't have a problem with specific dark spots though. I reviewed this and showed my skin on my Instagram if you wanna have a look (@emmymua_rochon) 🩷
Vita B3 Source

TIAM
Vita B3 Source

star rating

(1223)

favorite

upvote

comment

Skincarewithsky

Dry/Resilient

I never had any dark marks or problems with dark marks before, till now, on my legs--the mosquitoes really did a number on me🙁 & every bite I had is now replaced with a dark mark. but as far as the TIAM serum, I actually had this product before👌🏻💗, it's a good product & I see a lot of people praise it. although when I used it, I unfortunately didn't notice any difference or brightening on my face what so ever. (which I know it takes longer than just 1 bottle to work/see any difference)--but I ended up not repurchasing it cause I already had another niacinamide product unopened that I was ready to get into....To be honest though, I think I'd like to try the TIAM again but for longer of course😊. Also I'll make sure to check out your review on it to see what difference it made for you💕
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300 event

Picky x VT Cosmetics | Reedle Shot Face Mask Set & Reedle Shot 300

Audience

All Users

Deadline

October 25th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!