picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

Skincarewithsky user profile picture

Skincarewithsky

Dry/Resilient

dot292 Views

✨Thoughts on taking care of your skin- from the inside?✨

I bought this a couple months ago, used it a few times and since then it's just been sitting in my kitchen cabinet. Well today I finally pulled it out and used it again, I plan on using it daily now but I'm curious to know what your thoughts are on something like this? 🔸Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Advanced is a premium offering with 20g collagen peptides per serving plus two additional functional ingredients – 100% daily value vitamin C and 80 mg hyaluronic acid. Do any of you Pickies use anything like this? If you don't mind, I'd like to hear some opinions and thoughts on this. Thanks in advance 💖 Edited to say: it's not vitamins or supplements but Its a protein powder that you add to your drink(s), it has collagen peptides & has vitamin c in it, along with hyaluronic acid. Nothing else. I was hoping someone knew something specifically about this one or something similar
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

6 Comments

nattyskinfan user profile picture

nattyskinfan

Oily/Sensitive

I throw collagen in my protein shakes after workouts because I’ve read it’s beneficial for your joints and gut health, but there needs to be more research done about its effects for skin. I’m sorry there’s not tons of info to go off of!
upvote

comment

Skincarewithsky

Dry/Resilient

Well, at least it's good for something. I really didn't want to waste it😅 I do know its important to maintain a healthy gut. For overall health as well as skin health. When it comes to skin health, Signs of an unhealthy gut can show in our skin- I've read more and more studies are linking good skin to a healthy gut, Since our skin is the body's largest organ and gut health is an instrumental part of overall wellness, and maintaining a healthy balance in the entire body. Anyway, Thank you for sharing😊💕
upvote

comment

DanielleSkin27 user profile picture

DanielleSkin27

Dry/Sensitive

I take marine collagen daily for gut health. I can’t say I’ve seen any difference with my skin though. I think the claims for taking collagen for skin are not backed by much research so I wouldn’t put too much stock in it.
upvote

comment

Skincarewithsky

Dry/Resilient

Good to know.😊 I bought it on a whim while I was at Walmart but I think it's safe to say I won't be repurchasing this😅
upvote

comment

I

ilhame

Oily/Sensitive

I really want to try collagen vitamins, but I'm afraid because excessive dietary supplements can potentially cause harmful side effects. Therefore, I always advise anyone who wants to take these supplements or vitamins to first get a blood test to determine if there is a deficiency in this vitamin or if it's within normal range. They should only take supplements if there is a deficiency and rely on natural food sources otherwise.
upvote

comment

Skincarewithsky

Dry/Resilient

They're not vitamins- it's like a protein powder. It comes in a powder form that you add to your drink(s). Only vitamin it has in it is Vitamin C -(paired with hyaluronic acid, collagen peptides and protein). It says that the recommended dose in which you add to your drink, contains the daily amount of vitamin c your supposed to take. I bought it at Walmart, it's highly rated🤷🏻‍♀️
upvote

comment

marifa user profile picture

marifa

Oily/Resilient

I remember that many derms said these supplements do nothing for skin elasticity because when our body breaks the elements apart, they don't reach the skin. As much as I remember, only one experiment that showed some kind of results was done on mice. Another doctor who is also a blogger said she buys collagen products but she also takes a few other "transportation" elements like Vitamin C and something else.
upvote

comment

Skincarewithsky

Dry/Resilient

I edited the post cause I dont think I explained what it is well enough🤦🏻‍♀️😅 I've seen videos though like the ones you mentioned about how our body breaks stuff down. It's all quite interesting. I was just wondering how this might work, if it does anything good at all.
upvote

comment

vvyrzm user profile picture

vvyrzm

Oily/Resilient

I try my best to not purchase anything that need to be consumed. Im just afraid it may caused kidney failure. However, we shouldn't prevent people from doing so because maybe it work for them. Yet just advice them to not overdosing consumed it. Please drink a lot of water to balance it out! ♥️💕
upvote

comment

Skincarewithsky

Dry/Resilient

Thank you😊💕
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Goongbe | Pri-mmune Shampoo & Bath & Moisture Cream event

Picky x Goongbe | Pri-mmune Shampoo & Bath & Moisture Cream

Audience

All Users

Deadline

September 20th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!