picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Product Info

iffahaina user profile picture

iffahaina

Dry/Sensitive

dot313 Views

What is the best practice for using vitamin C ?

Started using it but I started reading up some forums and it seems that Vitamin C can’t just simply be mixed and matched? And I’m confused on how to use it with other skincare products. Could you guys let me know how to move forward from this?
upvote

comment

14 Comments

Negin user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Negin

Dry/Resilient

Vitamin C can cause irritation when mixed with other actives for some. Depends on your skin type. Don’t mix with AHA/BHA or retinol with Vitamin C in the same routine. vitamin C and copper peptides can impact how effective they are so to have the best potent skincare don’t mix these two either Other than that it’s just on your skin tolerance
upvote

comment

MMtrynew user profile picture

MMtrynew

Oily/Resilient

Second this!😊
upvote

comment

im40andhappy user profile picture

im40andhappy

Dry/Resilient

I never had any bad reactions mixing vitamin C with any of my products. Even tretinoin at night. The only thing is that it might be a little irritating for some people at the beginning so it's good to introduce it slowly - 2-3 times a week at first and if everything is ok then go for everyday. And personally I always use it first, then all my other skincare 😘
upvote

comment

JamieM7 user profile picture

JamieM7

Dry/Sensitive

Same, I can mix and it doesn't irritate my skin
upvote

comment

Thibo user profile picture

Thibo

Oily/Resilient

Don’t use with other actives in the same routine, a great thing to do is use it in the morning and pair it up with a sunscreen after, research has shown that these 2 things may highten each other’s effectiveness
upvote

comment

rumisbeauty user profile picture
picky squad user badge

rumisbeauty

Dry/Resilient

best way for me is using this morning and after this of course SPF🤩
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Goongbe | Pri-mmune Shampoo & Bath & Moisture Cream event

Picky x Goongbe | Pri-mmune Shampoo & Bath & Moisture Cream

Audience

All Users

Deadline

September 20th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!