picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

maybeeeninii user profile picture

maybeeeninii

Oily/Sensitive

dot184 Views

How to treat hormonal acne?

I have combo acne-prone skin. And it's that time of the month AGAIN, and more pimples just show up out of nowhere. Do you guys have any product recommendations or tips to get rid of them or even reducing their appearance?
upvote

comment

5 Comments

Pickycarrie user profile picture

Pickycarrie

Oily/Resilient

The only way I was able to solve this with the help of prescription strength products. b control, Spironolactone and tretinoin are two of the most effective treatments for acne, especially those with hormonal adult acne. Def see a professional that can identify you skin type, sensitivity, and the severity of ur acne. Personalized recommendations can help ensure that the products are effective and suitable for your needs. They can give you a recommended skin care routine, and also decide which products will be too harsh and abrasive. Hope that helps! :)
upvote

comment

qilss user profile picture

qilss

Oily/Resilient

I use adapalene gel. It's the only topical that has managed to control my hormonal acne so far
upvote

comment

Jolivares1717 user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Jolivares1717

Dry/Resilient

I use a pimple patch directly over my blemish and it works overnight. If you have a breakout use salicylic acid face wash and salicylic acid serum. Follow with a moisturizer
Salicylic Acid 02%

Minimalist
Salicylic Acid 02%

star rating

(14)

favorite

Salicylic + LHA 2% Face Cleanser

Minimalist
Salicylic + LHA 2% Face Cleanser

star rating

(8)

favorite

upvote

comment

itsmefatema user profile picture

itsmefatema

Oily/Resilient

I use pimple patch on cystic acne’s & sometimes creams which has benzoyl peroxide. One of a cream was suggested by my dermatologist. I am using that currently.
upvote

comment

Mahrukh20 user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Mahrukh20

Dry/Resilient

Do you use toner daily?
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum event

Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum

Audience

All Users

Deadline

September 27th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!