picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Routine Help

D

dunn

Oily/Sensitive

dot59 Views

Purging or irritation?

I used salicylic acid cleanser in the morning then I used benzoyl peroxide as a spot treatment then at night I used the same cleanser then I apply tretinoin. The next day,my skin feel burn,red,and dry also the skin peeling. 😭
upvote

comment

9 Comments

Ozu user profile picture
super picky user badge

Ozu

Oily/Sensitive

You should stop using SA, benzoyl peroxide and tretinoin all in one day!! Unless you are used to doing that for a long time😣 Salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide and tretinoin are ingredients which weaken your skin barrier by speeding up the cell turnover rate. When you used all of them in one day, your skin will not able to handle and cause the reaction you’re seeing! Your skin now would need time to heal and you should avoid using any products containing those ingredients for one to two weeks. Consider using only a gentle face wash and moisturiser.
upvote

comment

qilss user profile picture
super picky user badge

qilss

Oily/Resilient

That's a lot of irritating actives in a day 😧 Imagine doing that everyday...no wonder your skin is angry. Switch the SA cleanser to a gentle, hydrating cleanser and use the benzoyl peroxide during the day instead. Let tretinoin be the only active in your night routine. If you feel the need for extra exfoliation, you can use the SA cleanser a few times a week in the morning.
upvote

comment

Practiceforskin user profile picture
super picky user badge

Practiceforskin

Dry/Resilient

It’s definitely irritated not purging, please stop using those products for a few weeks and use soothing products so your skin can heal
upvote

comment

D

dunn

Oily/Sensitive

What if I stop my salicylic acid sulfur cleanser and benzoyl peroxide but I continue using tretinoin and use gentle cleanser,ceramide moisturizer and sunscreen, is this ok ?
upvote

comment

Practiceforskin user profile picture
super picky user badge

Practiceforskin

Dry/Resilient

If you continue using tretinoin now you run the risk of making your skin even more irritated
upvote

comment

stellabr1lla user profile picture
picky squad user badge

stellabr1lla

Oily/Sensitive

Omg plese put the SA cleanser down !!! For about a week stop all actives before you introduce any again. Dont use them until your skin stops feeling itchy/peeling.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Benton TikTok Shop Cashback | Try Benton Products, Get Cashback! event

Picky x Benton TikTok Shop Cashback | Try Benton Products, Get Cashback!

Audience

All Users

Deadline

May 20th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!