picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Routine Help

parasootamol user profile picture

parasootamol

Oily/Sensitive

dot489 Views

AHA and BHA

Hello! Just thinking of buying inkeylist salicylic acid cleanser and isntree aha essence. How do you suggest I use it? I have an oily skin, but it's my first time trying salicylic acid cleansers so I'm a bit hesitant. I wanna use both of them in the morning tho, but not together ofc. I'm thinking of using them alternatively for a week, like this week 2x bha, and the next week 2x aha, then back to bha again. Is that okay?
Salicylic Acid Cleanser

The Inkey List
Salicylic Acid Cleanser

star rating

(327)

favorite

Chestnut AHA 8% Clear Essence

ISNTREE
Chestnut AHA 8% Clear Essence

star rating

(331)

favorite

upvote

comment

11 Comments

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

Well Salicylic acid cleansers are made to be used everyday, and it’s quantity is low compared leave on salicylic acid. You can use it every night without a problem but see how your skin reacts Yeah, you can use AHA evey other day, it should not be a problem. If any sensitivity happens, reduce it.
upvote

comment

lovebloomieskin user profile picture
picky squad user badge

lovebloomieskin

Oily/Resilient

yeah its it's okay but you also can use this both 1times a week each like salicylic acid cleanser use it on monday and then isntree use it on Friday this way also can.πŸ€—
upvote

comment

parasootamol

Oily/Sensitive

Thank u, big help! I usually just wash my face with water in the morning, so I guess monday will be an exception.
upvote

comment

Swanzy user profile picture

Swanzy

Oily/Sensitive

Hi! Yes, it's okay. But I think it's better to use the aha at night.
upvote

comment

parasootamol

Oily/Sensitive

Really? I've read that you can use chemical exfoliants even in the morning 'cause you will be wearing sunscreen anyways. But appreciated your input, thanks!
upvote

comment

Lotusflower user profile picture

Lotusflower

Oily/Resilient

It's better to use the aha at night since it's an exfoliant, it's okay if you use it with food amount of sunscreen but even so PM it the ideal for an exfoliant but not everyday of course just 2 or 3 times a week is enough. also the cleanser you can use it once a day (at night) or if your skin can handle it and it didn't dry you out you can even use it twice.
upvote

comment

parasootamol

Oily/Sensitive

Really? Been seeing a lot of dermatologists use exfoliants even at daytime, but I guess to each of their own. Thank you!
upvote

comment

linglee user profile picture

linglee

Oily/Resilient

Hmmm i think use acid cleanser probably to harsh for skin especially for daily am n pm, but if use like you said i think it's okay. But for me, i prefer use acid toner that you can combined everyday with another acid serum or toner too.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum event

Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum

Audience

All Users

Deadline

September 27th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!