Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Hollykatarina user profile picture
super picky user badge

Hollykatarina

Dry/Resilient

dot859 Views

Face wash

Do you think that face cleanser can make red skin and skin with severe acne clearer? Does it make sense? Isn't curing acne not only by washing your face, but also supported by other products such as skincare. Because there is a review of cleaning products with photos before and after using face wash. If acne can be cured just by washing your face, why do companies make special acne skin products? What do you think?
upvote

comment

47 Comments

Z

zoozoo

Dry/Sensitive

I’ve seen that type of review too, on the before after photo its shown that there is noticeable changes, i think cleanser does help “some”people with acne ( maybe some people skin react faster),but as i experienced myself i think cleanser does help but doesn’t help much and neeeeeeed a loooong time,like cleanser only stays around 60 seconds i didn’t think it should help much, i guess the before after is not only cleanser ( i bet they also used other skincare suchas serum,toner,moisturizer that maybe have the same function as the cleanser)
upvote

comment

super picky user badge

Hollykatarina

Dry/Resilient

It's true, of course, it is also supported by other skincare. Because the cleanser is only used when washing the face. The cleanser in the review is not a cleanser that contains exfo
upvote

comment

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

yeah some people just need a little "push" to get rid of their skin concerns and some other need a lot of time, care and products. Since we don't know everyone's roots of their skin problem we can never know tbh. Some people just need an exfoliating lotion to get good skin, some need better hydration, some just need a better face wash.....and some other need a full routine prescribed by a dermatologist.🤗
upvote

comment

super picky user badge

Hollykatarina

Dry/Resilient

But the cleanser used is just an ordinary cleanser that doesn't contain exfoliation or is specifically for acne treatment
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Exfoliating cleansers can provide a great way to maintain and cleanse the pores to prevent acne. Also they don't stay on your skin therefore can be less irritating. But a moisturiser afterwards is a must. Cleanser is a great option for those who don't want elaborate skincare routines. My husband only uses this cleanser and a moisturiser - I know it's not the moisturiser that cleared his blackheads. If you have a simple routine and your acne isn't going away but then you change your cleanser and your acne starts clearing up - I think it's safe to assume that the cleanser did the trick.
SA Smoothing Cleanser

CeraVe
SA Smoothing Cleanser

star rating

(613)

favorite

upvote

comment

super picky user badge

Hollykatarina

Dry/Resilient

But it's not just the cleaners that are used. You also use supportive skincare such as moisturizer, but this claim is only for a review of a cleanser. The same cleanser that I use but not a Korean brand, this is a local product which in my opinion the results are the same as other cleansers that clean the skin from dirt & don't make the skin feel dry
upvote

comment

Thursday user profile picture
super picky user badge

Thursday

Oily/Resilient

this just reminded me I need to wash my face ! lol
upvote

comment

super picky user badge

Hollykatarina

Dry/Resilient

still obliged to clean the face every day so that the skin is clean of dirt.
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

If it contains ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, it can help with acne because these products work well ina cleanser. For some people, the short contact of these two ingredients, during a face wash help to clear their acne. Some people prefer a leave on treatment because it works better. These are just a variety of ways you could treat acne. If it won’t go down, trying Differin for a 6 weeks could help, if it still won’t go down, it’s time to visit a derm
upvote

comment

super picky user badge

Hollykatarina

Dry/Resilient

Main ingredients: Glycerin, 2% Niacinamide, Sodium Hyaluronate, 1% Daisy Flower Extract, 2% Green Tea Extract, Allantoin & Panthenol. Can using cleansing ingredients like this really cure acne & clean it?
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Benton TikTok Shop Cashback | Try Benton Products, Get Cashback! event

Picky x Benton TikTok Shop Cashback | Try Benton Products, Get Cashback!

Audience

All Users

Deadline

May 20th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!