picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Brand Talk

crueltyfreenataly user profile picture

crueltyfreenataly

Oily/Resilient

dot392 Views

Is Glow Recipe too pricey?

Hi friends, I wanted to get your opinion on the price of Glow Recipe products. Do you feel like they are overpriced? Being a k-beauty brand, their products are much more expensive than other Korean brands. Are their products worth paying more for?
carousel
upvote

comment

17 Comments

SashaGrace user profile picture
picky squad user badge

SashaGrace

Oily/Resilient

Glow Recipe is for people who already have good skin and just want to play with skincare. Absolutely overpriced.
upvote

comment

crueltyfreenataly

Oily/Resilient

Thank you for you response. I feel like if I had extra money to spare, I would totally get their beautiful products. But I would rather stick with more affordable brands that work for me 😊
upvote

comment

KFan user profile picture
picky squad user badge

KFan

Oily/Resilient

They are kind of Korea-inspired American brand, maybe that's why the pricetag. I have only one item of this brand, Watermelon Pink Juice moisturizer, and for me it's not worth the price. It's not a bad product, but neither it is outstanding, - it's light and pleasant to use, but not hydrating enough even for my oily skin.
upvote

comment

KFan user profile picture
picky squad user badge

KFan

Oily/Resilient

I checked that serum actually, - it looks like a decent product! Still, I believe if you make a note of the ingredients, these same ones can be found in many other, more affordable Korean brands :)
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

Glow Recipe products are extremely gimmicky in my opinion. You only pay for the cute packaging and fruit-themed formulations that are inefficient.
upvote

comment

crueltyfreenataly

Oily/Resilient

Thank you for your response. They are definitely pretty bottles and beautiful scents, but I agree, I feel like you are paying for an β€œimage”.
upvote

comment

Evergarden user profile picture

Evergarden

Oily/Resilient

One of the brands I don't buy because its overprice for the same ingredient and formulation. I feel like we are paying extra for their creative packaging alone.
upvote

comment

crueltyfreenataly

Oily/Resilient

Thank you for your reply! I like the concept of fruit based skincare, but absolutely agree with you that we pay for the brand and the looks, and not so much for the formula 😊
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum event

Picky x Nacific | Fresh Herb Origin Serum

Audience

All Users

Deadline

September 27th

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!