Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Expert

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

dot1,043 Views

Autumn skincare routine

There's one thing we can be sure of - autumn is coming! PSL is back, Halloween decorations are back in stores, and the weather is getting chilly. Should your beauty routine change during autumn? Yes! Here are a few tips you might need this season During the autumn, the temperature goes down, and we can expect rainy and even snowy weather. The UV index is going down, the days get shorter, and our skin reacts to outer factors differently. Treatments - what's in and what's out I guess we barely talk about treatments since nowadays skincare and even beauty tools are so affordable and available. There's one thing I learned during physiotherapy lectures at university - the devices we use at home are made the way to be safe for users, so the users don't need any knowledge of technology and how it works. Devices are usually safe to use at home, but before you use them - make sure to read the instructions. The devices used by estheticians, trichologists or dermatologists need professional knowledge or even special training. They have better effects than home devices, but it doesn't mean that home devices are useless. So what's in if it comes to beauty treatments? There are a few treatments that shouldn't be done during summer like microdermabrasion. It's a treatment that helps reduce pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles by removing the outer layers of the skin. Instead of microdermabrasion, you can use stronger acid peels. If you deal with ice pick, rolling or boxcar scars then microneedling is a good treatment to do during autumn. There's no treatment you should avoid during autumn, but if there's a treatment that involves temperature change - wait before you go out, since the sudden change of temperature is not the best for your health. If it comes to home devices, there are a few technologies I enjoy using and I found them on the Korean market as well. You probably know Medicube already, this brand is trending in the Western market when it comes to beauty tools. The device I would recommend from this brand if you want to focus on anti-aging is Medicube AGE-R Derma EMS Shot. EMS technology is like a gym for our facial and body muscles. Like many devices, Medicube AGE-R Derma EMS Shot needs a product to work properly. Age-R Booster Gel Serum was created especially for Medicube devices to provide effects and proper work of the technology. What's important for me as an esthetician is how the brand informs customers to make sure they can use the device since EMS technology shouldn't be used by people with pacemakers or after some beauty treatments. I'm not a fan of using LED products with no eye protection, but there are two Korean products I can recommend. Deesse AC Spot Healer is an LED device. Blue light in LED therapy works great on acne, and the Deesse AC Spot Healer is easy to use - you stick it right on the pimple and use it. I got it because you can combine it with Dr Ceuracle AC Cure Solutions - Blue and Green. I'm aware that lots of LED masks are trending, but there's one I wish we could get in Europe and it was created by a company you should know well. The majority of my friends think of LG as this brand that creates washing machines, but the LG Household & Health Care subsidiary stands behind some of your favourite beauty brands like belif, The Face Shop, Dr Belmeur, Dr Groot, Sooryehan and less popular brands like Yehwadam or The Saga Of Xiu. LG Pra.L Derma LED Mask is a product with one thing I wish other brands would focus on - eye protection! Heating and skin moisture Does heating or air con have anything in common with your skin? Yes! Lots of people feel like their skin during the autumn and winter time is getting dry, but they didn't change anything in their routine. Usually, the problem is in the heating system, and the solution is easy - change your moisturizer and add more hydrating products to your routine. Etude SoonJung 2x Barrier Intensive Cream is an affordable moisturizer based on Panthenol and Madecassoside. Skin1004 is a brand loved by many beauty lovers all around the world. One of the latest additions to the brand's portfolio is Madagascar Centella Probio-Cica Enrich Cream. This cream mixes probiotics, Centella, Ceramides and Squalane. A good moisturizer is key, during autumn and winter, you can choose rich formulas. How does acne skin react to weather? Do you know that during summer our skin produces more sebum? That's true, but it doesn't mean that we won't break out during winter. So it's good to have some acne treatments prepared just in case. I always stick to calamine formulas during winter like Mizon Acne Blemish Out Pink Spot and pimple patches. I stick to COSRX pimple patches but nowadays the choice is huge. Acropass Trouble Cure is like acne patches but better. These patches have microcones. They are great but just don't touch the cones before applying these patches to the clean skin. What about body care? If you tend to have problems with your legs such as ingrown hair or strawberry legs then I got a bad news for you. During winter your skin condition might get worse, but there are ways to deal with such a problem. Before removing hair from your skin remember to do a peeling. I prefer enzyme and acid peels over scrubs, but sometimes even scrubs are useful. If you want to try some Korean bodycare then Plu body scrub pink floral might be an interesting Kbeauty journey for you. If you search for solutions with enzymes, search for products with papain and bromelain like Real Barrier Clear Peeling Gel. Remember to use body moisturizer - you can use it right after taking a shower. Illiyoon Fresh Moisture Lotion is a good, hydrating body lotion with vitamin C. You might be a bit scared about why it contains alcohol, but this ingredient in skincare promotes the transport of active substances to deeper layers of the skin. Hair during autumn During autumn you might deal with seasonal hair loss. If you're worried about hair loss remember to keep a good diet - focus on vitamins and minerals but also omega fatty acids. A healthy and balanced diet based on seasonal fruits and vegetables is positive for your entire body. Regular scalp scrubs help with blood circulation and hair growth. One of my favourite Korean scalp scrubs is growus Sea Salt Therapy Scalp Scaler. Autumn themed products What I love about autumn are pumpkin-themed products. Lots of brands follow the pumpkin trend because this vegetable is a source of vitamins and minerals and pumpkin enzymes are positive for the skin. You probably know Too Cool For School Pumpkin Sleeping Pack, This mask is an affordable overnight dupe to wash off masks popular in the Western market. For many people Banila Co Cleansing Balms are the first cleansing balms they tried, but do you know that this brand has a pumpkin version of its popular cleansing balm? Banila Co Clean it Zero Vita Pumpkin is as good as other products from the Clean it Zero line. Autumn doesn't need a big change if it comes to beauty routines, but since days are getting colder and nights are getting longer it's good to spend a bit of time on self-care, no matter if it's just a cup of cocoa, a good book or a long bath with sheet mask on. Do you have any questions related to skincare routine? Feel free to ask
carousel
carousel
carousel
carousel
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

48 Comments

renzibythesea user profile picture
picky squad user badge

renzibythesea

Dry/Sensitive

Thanks for the tips! I haven't used these home devices for skincare before but some insider knowledge does help eegarding how to use the tools. (Of course it still wise to read the instructions) You mention LED masks is great for acne but doesn't have eye protection. If the light is inside the mask it is not directed to your line of vision so I assume... it should still be safe to use? Did you mean to say that having eye protection is more for an extra sense of security? I only looked at online pictures of an led mask but I not sure how it looks on the inside to see how the mask is built so maybe I'm misunderstanding your statement.
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

I'm surprised why many led masks are allowed for consumer use since the pro devices at least in Poland have eye protection for both - esthetician and client. I see some brands are promoting reading in a led mask and in photos you can see how the led light is visible from outside the mask - such mask shouldn't be used with eyes open, not to mention it would be great to add some eye protection to them for eye safety.
upvote

comment

Beckster user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Beckster

Dry/Resilient

I am super excited for Autumn! These are some really great tips and some really helpful information. Thank you so much!
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

You're welcome :)
upvote

comment

dreamyglowyskin user profile picture
super picky user badge

dreamyglowyskin

Oily/Resilient

thanks for sharing your recommendations!
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

upvote

comment

Beautywithhunnie user profile picture
super picky user badge

Beautywithhunnie

Oily/Resilient

Thanks for this informative post
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Benton TikTok Shop Cashback | Try Benton Products, Get Cashback! event

Picky x Benton TikTok Shop Cashback | Try Benton Products, Get Cashback!

Audience

All Users

Deadline

May 20th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!